Site Feedback Cannot search for IV in search feature.

jackie jones

Bluelight Crew
As most users do not type "I.V." or "Intravenous", instead typing "IV", there are few search results with those specific, proper, abbreviations or spellings. The search feature does not allow less than three characters within its parameters.

There is also not a Sticky for the IV MegaThread at the top of Other Drugs or Basic Drug Discussion, where they undoubtedly belong.

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning this jj. We have an add-on in the pipeline now which will extend search functionality and enable 2-letter searches.

For now there are two ways around this:

(1) make a wildcard search using the asterisk (eg "*IV" or "*IV*" or "IV*")
(2) use a regular search engine (eg Bing, Google) entering site:bluelight.org and with the search terms in quotes "IV" or "I.V." and so on)

I'm not sure a 3-character string will work. Most search engines won't run with that as it is too short.

I'm not sure a 3-character string will work. Most search engines won't run with that as it is too short.

From what I read, I'm under the impression Enhanced Search will even allow 1 letter searches mate (which would be ridiculous, but eh, in titles only or something...). Certainly you can perform 2 letter searches on all mainstream search engines.

Something I've noticed about the search engine is that it when typing two words it searches fro them independently so to speak. Not as a string. So if I search "speed dosage" it gives me posts with "speed" and posts with "dosages". Not too helpful

Something I've noticed about the search engine is that it when typing two words it searches fro them independently so to speak. Not as a string. So if I search "speed dosage" it gives me posts with "speed" and posts with "dosages". Not too helpful

Hmm, it works for me :unsure:

Let's just clarify: when you type "speed dosage" with the quotes, it searches for posts with both terms (the " " operator is equivalent to AND on XenForo). If you leave the quotes out and just type speed dosage then it will search for posts with speed OR dosage (or both).

Hmm, it works for me :unsure:

Let's just clarify: when you type "speed dosage" with the quotes, it searches for posts with both terms (the " " operator is equivalent to AND on XenForo). If you leave the quotes out and just type speed dosage then it will search for posts with speed OR dosage (or both).
Damn I'm a slow one aren't I? Thank you for making my life easier..

• Heart
Reactions: CFC