• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannibus induced mania/psychosis

Young_ile

Bluelighter
Up until a month ago I was smoking so much weed that I had a psychotic episode that lasted for months. in the past id self medicate off weed (I smoke top shelf ogs here in socal) to the point where i would be having delusional thoughts. I'd get so high my mind would race and I would have paranoid delusions. Has anybody experience weed induced mania/delusions? I quit because of this. It could be that I suffer from bipolar disorder. I believed in a lot of crazy shit like spiritual awakening,chakras,things happening for a reason and when I smoked a lot these feelings would just magnify into psychotic delusions. I've called the paramedics a few times when I was high thinking I was dying. I was a heavy smoker for 9 years. Finally quit at the age of 26. My last psychotic episode really woke me up and I am currently very depressed and have suicidal idealation. I hope to get my life together once school starts.

Some background: I tripped HARD on LSD before I really ever started smoking herb. I got overt flashbacks whenever I smoked herb during my LSD taking days, which have been over for about 15 years. Also, at about the time I started seriously delving into drugs, I was diagnosed as bipolar and, later, as schizoaffective. Looking back, my drug use was to blame for 90% of my psychotic symptoms, but now I have been taking anti-psychotics, specifically Haldol, for so long that if I try to quit I immediately can't sleep and my brain goes into dopamine overdrive mode. In other words, I am effectively dependent on the Haldol, although without any drugs I really don't think I would ever have been diagnosed with any psychiatric malady, other than depression when I was a teenager.

So, to get to the point of this thread, whenever I smoke weed again after abstaining for a while and invariably while with smoking friends, I imnediately get excited after puffing and start talking, with pressured speech, incessantly and loudly, often about subjects which make little to no sense except to me and in very abstract, tangential ways. I've even had people tell me, "Pass the joint! It's a joint, not a microphone!"

In other words, weed does NOT make me act cool or chill or anything along those lines. It turns me into a semi-coherent, blathering geek. I have an easier time controlling my actions on crystal methamphetamine or heroin even than weed. Also, and I think this has to do with the acid flashback thing again, sometimes I'll blurt out the most fucked up, inappropriate, sick shit after smoking up. For example, me and my ghetto dealer are riding around the car wash and stop to talk to this really old black man who is hanging out there buying crack from my friend. We had just smoked a blunt and taken some Transformer ecstasy pills. I roll down the window and exclaim to the man, whom I don't know, "Yeah, I just took some of that good, good ecstasy! You should cut open my stomach, get those pills out and take them yourself!"

Ok, but nevertheless, I love getting that manic feeling from weed and enjoy how it alters my thoughts to a degree. However, weed is a powerfully intoxicating drug and should be respected, especially if you have taken LSD lately or are on speed or something.

Ever since I took ecstasy 3 days straight that triggered my first full blown manic episode this all started to happen to me when smoking weed sometimes. I don't know if it was the e that messed up my brain throughout those 3 days or if I am bipolar nonetheless I quit weed and hope to never lose my mind again as I have shamed so much. I lost my mind so bad I don't even know how it happened. There's people like snoop dog who smokes so much and probably never gets crazy. Regardless everything sucks and I really need to stay clean and try to get my life together. Sad to be in bed all day. Don't know if it's from quitting weed or bipolar depression. I need to go to social services so that I can see a doctor.

Finally quit at the age of 26. My last psychotic episode really woke me up and I am currently very depressed and have suicidal idealation. I hope to get my life together once school starts.

We're just a bunch of happy and sometimes-not-happy-but-eventually-happy stoners 'round here, man.

I recommend this thread moved to The Dark Side. CD's not the place for psychological help, imo.

Well, mind racing and paranoia are primary side effects of marijuana, so it's not weird that you were having delusions and bad paranoia and panic attacks. I have had some insane panic attacks on weed, especially when it's a strong sativa. Mainly has only happened ever since a very very bad acid trip two years ago. It's why I stick almost exclusively to Indica now. Also, believing in chakras and spiritual awakening isn't that crazy man. Think about some of the crazy shit that religions believe in. I'm not saying that your case isn't meant to be taken seriously or that you're perfectly fine, because I don't know that. But, don't let society try to dumb you down and think some of the things you believe in are crazy. Some of the best geniuses ever to have lived were thought to be delusional, even thought by themselves.

Yeah chakras and spirituality isn't crazy I just became crazy thinking I was an enlightened spiritual being. I wonder if I never did e that these delusions would never come from smoking. Too bad Il never know. I just self medicated really bad on that stuff, kept wanting to get higher and higher smoking already top shelf ogs. Scary thinking about all the times I went crazy from smoking herb, all the wrong thoughts and ideas I had in my mind. I think it all started from my ecstasy induced mania. Glad and sad that I now live in the "real world" and it sure ain't pretty.

Remember that THC clearance from the body is also a factor.
If you are having trouble sleeping or not getting the right amount of sleep or deep sleep (REM phase) then that will affect its clearance from the body.
Also exercise helps clearance and as well raises your levels of Anandamide in your body which is kinda like your bodies own natural anti-psychotic

I had a friend who abused dabs and kind bud every day just about and way too much. He eventually thought someone else in his apartment building was stalking him in his one room apartment, decided to move out, and that's the last time I've heard from him. He also got so paranoid and anxious to be in public that he started wearing dark glasses in public, which of course only made him look weirder and made other people stare at him more.

Weed is a seriously intoxicating addictive drug, just like morphine or cocaine. Any drug can be overused detrimentally, and all addictive drugs shoulf be handled with kid gloves. Some people with certain personality traits should not do certain drugs. Other people, like me, are used to beint high on a handful of super high quality drugs and should stay that way if they want to feel normal Legalizing all drugs and selliny them at the pharmacy at a very low cost will emhance addicts' like me quality of life.