• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabutter with industrial hemp?

ish675

Bluelighter
Can you make cannabutter with industrial hemp flowers? Most strains of legal hemp contain around 1% thc. Even though that doesn't sound like much, if you have access to hemp, it's cheep and you could use lots. Even making a batch of butter, filtering, then adding more hemp to the same butter, and repeating to increase potency. A few pounds of hemp buds cost next to nothing and do contain SOME goodies, albeit not many. This is more of a concept idea too, so if all you have to contribute is that it seems impractical, keep that to yourself.

Can you make cannabutter with industrial hemp flowers? Most strains of legal hemp contain around 1% thc. Even though that doesn't sound like much, if you have access to hemp, it's cheep and you could use lots. Even making a batch of butter, filtering, then adding more hemp to the same butter, and repeating to increase potency. A few pounds of hemp buds cost next to nothing and do contain SOME goodies, albeit not many. This is more of a concept idea too, so if all you have to contribute is that it seems impractical, keep that to yourself.

You can't get high on industrial hemp bud. The other cannabinoids mess it up! Things like CBD etc.

it'll simply not be worth the effort imo.

that level of THC is very low..

you may be able to make some CBD wax though :).

Well, if you have .3 % THC Hemp, then you are going to have to have at least 10 times more product than someone using something like trim (which does work VERY well for cannabutter).

It's doable

1% sounds really high from the last I heard. I thought it was at least .01% if not .001%.

But yeah people harvest the CBD from hemp so I'm sure you could harvest the THC so long as it hasn't been destroyed/oxidized. How the hemp was processed will play a major role in how much of thc will be preserved and remain for extraction.

If you are serious, just send some in for testing before you do the extraction.. probably save you some time, or at least let your know how much you'd have to buy to get a decent amount of thc.

1% sounds really high from the last I heard. I thought it was at least .01% if not .001%.

If you are serious, just send some in for testing before you do the extraction..
You may be right about the lower thc content, but if I had enough, in theory it should work.

Testing is a great idea.

I'm positive it's well below 1% otherwise there would be tons of extraction companies already doing exactly what you are talking about. It's basically the reason for the limit set on industrial hemp.

hopefully with the end of prohibition, hemp production will no longer be so widely restricted and perhaps even have much higher allowable amounts of thc. Then there could be concentrates in massive abundance basically taking all money out of the black market for weed....

but that might make too much sense.