• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

cannabutter help

coastcruiser

Greenlighter
Hi Guys
First time I've joined a chat forum and really new to 'all this weed stuff'....better later than never, right? lol
Ok, first I live in Qld Austraila..but don't hold it against me. I have been given a small amount of weed, don't ask me what strain, if it's bud or leaf cos honestly I'm so new to this I couldn't tell you any of the above.

Q. How many grams of butter do I use for 7 grams of weed. Yes, it's only a small amount, on a budget, about 9-10grm cost me -snip- which is a lot for me so I don't want to stuff up the butter. I am familiar with the cooking methods just need to be 100% right with weights. TIA for help. If this forum is as good as it looks my growing questions will follow lol. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
it's 1 stick of butter to a quarter ounce (7grams) :)

quarter ounce per stick. also, please do not discuss prices as it is against the rules.

Hey, welcome to BL :) Even if you know how to cook there's a chance of messing up edibles, it's something of a rite of passage so if you do manage to get it right the first time I'd be impressed! If you look in the CD directory (it's a sticky thread at the top of this forum) you will find a thread about Cooking with Cannabis that may contain lots of helpful ideas.

The TL;DR version of that is just remember the THC has to be thoroughly decarboxylated (to "activate" it), which is a function of heat and time. Butter is just a formality, THC will emulsify with any fats so you can use ghee (clarified butter) or any vegetable oil and achieve the same effect.