• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Cannabis users find synthetic pot more harmful than natural weed....

Unbreakable

Bluelighter
Guardian/Mixmag survey results appear to back up concerns in the US media over risks associated with synthetic cannabis

Synthetic cannabis is rated as more harmful than natural weed, and less likely to deliver pleasurable highs, according to one of the biggest surveys of current drug user experience ever conducted.

Users who had tried synthetic cannabis rated it as more likely to deliver “negative effects” while high. It was rated more likely to induce feelings of paranoia, and was more harmful on the lungs.

A significant number of synthetic cannabis users reported that they had sought emergency medical help after using the drug. The most common presentation was panic and anxiety, followed by paranoia, breathing difficulties, “feeling scared,” sweatiness, chest pain, and “extreme agitation.” Asked which form of cannabis they would choose to use, having tried both kinds, 93% of respondents opted for natural weed.

The survey comes in the wake of speculation that the actor Demi Moore had been using synthetic cannabis, also known as K2 or Spice, when she was hospitalised after experiencing convulsions in January.

The survey results appear to back up concerns in the US media over the harmful effects and risks associated with the use of synthetic cannabis preparations.

The findings emerged from the Guardian/Mixmag survey, published on Thursday, which analysed the attitudes and experiences of 15,500 drug users world wide. Half the respondents were from the UK, and 3,400 from the US. The online survey asked a range of detailed questions about what drugs they used, how pleasurable and harmful they rated them, and what the health and legal consequences were.

Source:
http://guardian.co.uk/

So true I would have to agree real pot > fake pot

The most common presentation was panic and anxiety, followed by paranoia, breathing difficulties, “feeling scared,” sweatiness, chest pain, and “extreme agitation.” Asked which form of cannabis they would choose to use, having tried both kinds, 93% of respondents opted for natural weed.

Yeah that's what I found. It was garbage compared to real weed. Sweatiness and anxious rings true for me after trying synthetic pot a few times. Never again will I smoke that crap.