• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis use and colonoscopies

clamjuice

Bluelighter
I placed this question here as i figure it will get a more educated guess than in with CD. i dont want any doooooddd youll be goooooddd ittllll hellppp mannn

Anyways. I have a colonoscopy coming up in a month or so and would like to know what others have to say on the topic of cannabis use. I currently use it daily as it helps my stomach (diagnosed with ibs, colonoscopy is to rule out more serious diseases) and increases my appetite. I usually only use it at night and maybe smoke like .3 of a gram daily, or less.

My question is A. Will my marijuana use possibly change the results if i wasnt smoking frequently (possibly from its anti inflammatory properties) ? B. If so what do you think a good cut off time is? C. would it play any role in how the sedative they gave me would work? (generally a local anesthetic or sedative is used)

I know i will get the usual its better to just not use it, and i know this, but i do gain a lot of relief from it. My GI doctor recognizes this and has no problem with it, but i haven't been up front that i use it in small quantities daily. Ill ask her as well, but want to see what others think, or possibly have done.

I'm no doctor but I can tell you this much:

A. No, smoking weed is not going to change the results of your colonoscopy. Cannabis has mild anti-inflammatory properties at best, plus most people consume some kind of anti-inflammatory substances daily anyway.

C. Although I personally wouldn't get high before an important medical procedure, the fact remains that cannabis has never been shown to have any dangerous interactions with any other drugs.

Bottom line is, you'll be fine.

peace

i would go without being high to the apointment, just to show the full extent of the condition,
just pray to god its not chrons, or collitis or something

shouldn't make any difference. but as said above, I woudn't advise getting real high right before the appointment (as much for the look of it as anything).

have you experimented with an exclusion diet (i.e. removing gluten, removing lactose, tomatoes, refined sugar etc)? I have a severe rheumatoid spectrum arthritis which involved IBS-type symptoms, bowel microlesions etc and a strict starch-free diet is the only thing that actually fixes it.

this is being caused by something that you are regularly putting into your body, it's up to you to find out what it is (getting an allergy test can help if you are actually allergic to something, but you can have digestive intolerances that won't show up).

I would be very wary of any doctor who thinks that you will get better rfrom something like this just by taking drugs.

flick me a pm if you want to talk more about it.

Hey Clamjuice, I am currently in the exact same situation you were 5 years ago when you first asked this question... How did the colonoscopy go?

Hey Clamjuice, I am currently in the exact same situation you were 5 years ago when you first asked this question... How did the colonoscopy go?

I looked at his profile and clamjuice hasn't posted anything new since 2013.

If he is still active, you may have better chances getting a response from him via private message, but hey, though, there might be someone else here now that could help ya out.

I use cannabis on a daily basis and I just had a colonoscopy last week. My procedure was early in the morning so I didn't use any cannabis right before the exam. I did use cannabis the night before. I've had two previous colonoscopys and I used cannabis before them also. Cannabis use has no effect on the exam or the anesthesia. The only thing I can think of is if you use cannabis immediatly prior to your procedure, the attending staff may notice the increased heart rate associated with it. It still won't be a factor though. I wouldn't worry about it.

Maybe if you went in high and were feeling super in touch yourself and sensitive. You sit down and realize "this doctor has the physique of a dancer" yet the "strength of a wrestler." Just after this thought the doctor senses your new found sexuality and locks on to you like a beast would its prey. You think oh my this is happening...the doc slaps on the the machine.. The vacuuming roar excites you further... The Dr. puts on a stern face and says I am here. I am..... Dr..feel goooooood....he enters you and you cum like a angry bobcat raaaaaarrrrrrrrehmewwwww.