• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis to help anxiety

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
I dont have much knowledge about cannabis so please excuse me.

I have listened over the years that cannabis makes anxiety a lot worse and others have said how good it is for anxiety..... Can it help or can it make it worse?

CBD can be good for your anxiety. indica dominant hybrids and pure indica may help a user's anxiety.

the THC present in weed is what makes anxiety worse usually.

Hmm, interesting idea, my friend (good to see ya). That hasn't really been how cannabis has worked in helping my anxiety personally, but I can see how it would definitely be effective. Anxiety of course originates from some source and to truly cure it you have to confront that. I would find psychedelics better for an approach like that, but I guess cannabis can be quite psychedelic!

For me cannabis helps with anxiety in two ways. More immediately the effects when I consume it (both orally and smoked/vaped usually) are calming, but this depends very much on the strain. For me high CBD strains with about a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio are best, my favorite being Harlequin. Very calming and therapeutic to me, but leaves my mind clear so I can go about my day. More long term though, cannabis helps with anxiety by supporting your body's systems for maintaining good health. Which will of course have a positive impact on mental health issues as well. So I think there are two things to consider - cannabis sort of as a tonic to help with symptoms, but also as a tool to support your own long term healing. In both cases there are a lot of variables that will affect your results - the strain (maybe most crucial), dosage, method and frequency of consumption, your tolerance, etc. It can be very different for everyone, so it takes some experimenting to figure out what works for you. So I hope that helps with OPs questions. It's a little hard to make very specific recommendations with medical cannabis because it's more a two way process of working with the plant and learning about what works for you.

For strains I definitely recommend high-CBD most for anxiety. Sativas are usually not recommended for this purpose, though I do find some milder ones can have a relaxing and uplifting affect. Indica dominant strains have a more sedative almost narcotic effect, to me they mostly just get me really zonked which I guess helps with anxiety but also leaves me pretty much unable to function in the real world, lol.

CBD can be good for your anxiety. indica dominant hybrids and pure indica may help a user's anxiety.

the THC present in weed is what makes anxiety worse usually.

I 100% agree with this ^

Indica is for sure the weed I prefer. I find sativas can sometimes cause anxiety rather than lessen it. It really depends on the strain you are using.