• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis Tincture pre-prohibition.

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
I know D9-THC is present in Cannabis and that it’s made from THCA via decarboxylation, which heating THCA does.
I was wondering if the cannabis used in cannabis tinctures for medical use (Pre-1971 in the UK and pre-1970 in the US before medical use was criminalised.) was heated to decarboxylate the THCA to make it ‘stronger’ or was it just stuck in the alcohol as is?

If I was to make a tincture I’d obviously heat the cannabis but how long should the cannabis left in the alcohol to make the tincture or should I just leave it in indefinitely?

They are in storage but I can in a few days.

I have bottle of 3 brands. They are all combinations of

Alcohol
Ketamine
Cannabis
Codeine
Chloroform

I dont recall but I belive only two list the amounts and one is a blend.

Oh right, cool. I’d love to see them. I have some medicine bottles too including old ones, like a US Heroin bottle (Non-Bayer sadly.).

Yeah, some pretty cool shit back. My great grandma was a nurse and had unopened bottles so I asked my grandma for them. They are in mint shape.

I also got a medical textbook and was shocked that opium and codeine were used for damn near everything.

Yeah, I have old books too. They were used cause they had fuck all else that worked! 😀