• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis Strain Review Thread

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
I’d like to make a thread where those with access to medical/recreational cannabis can write quick (or not so quick..) reviews on whatever strain they’d like or are currently using.

Add as much or little information as you’d like. Below I’ll give a rough format but again do whatever you feel.. The important part is sharing your experience.

—Format Example—

1. Cannabis Strain Name

2. Any information on genetics/parents

3. Visual Appearance/Smell

4. Overall experience including effects, taste, duration, etc.. This can be formatted either as a trip report or a general retrospection.

My goal with this is just for those with access to a variety of strains to be able to very casually report in on whatever they may happen to currently be smoking.

I’ll do one just to give an idea.

—————————

Strain: Black Kush

Buds are nice and dense with colors ranging from a forest green to nearly black with some of the older inside calyxs. Smell is primarily earthy with a hint of blackberry underneath, the taste is very similar with the light blackberry smell being easier to catch when exhaled through the nose.

The buzz is fairly common of many purple indica strains. A spaciness in the head, with a decent initial intensity reminiscent of other kush strains but fades to a more relaxed feeling as the high proceeds. Great for nausea and sleep I’ve found, saved for later in the night.

My only complaint is that as the intensity fades off the desire for another hit grows quickly, so the duration feels shorter compared to other strains where the peak is longer lasting. The relaxed second half of the high feels a bit lacking to me personally.

The high and taste is very similar to Blackberry Kush I’ve tried in the past and the lineage is probably similar as well.

———————————

Excited to see people’s contributions. It’s not a requirement to live in a place with medical or recreational, but if you don’t please be as certain as possible you’ve sourced the correct strain. We all know that dealerthat will strap any name he can imagine to his dirt weed to help it sell.

-GC

Salutations G_Chem,

...reviews on whatever strain they’d like or are currently using.

IMO the consumption method also plays a crucial role in the overall experience and hence i'd include it in the bigger picture. ?

...as much or little information as you’d like.

At this preliminary stage i only wish to submit one more consideration to your attention and that of future participants:

Animation for 2-to-1 THC vs CBD Ratio .GiF
[ https:// s14.postimg.cc/tcfeln6cx/Animation_for_2-to-1_THC_vs_CBD_Ratio.gif ]
[
http:// oi63.tinypic.com/29cm23c.jpg ]
Leafly: How to Help Consumers Understand the Amount of THC and CBD in Their Cannabis (2017-Nov-29)

My own personal interpretation is that this results from decades of exposure to nuisible factors. For example the 2 main groups are THC-centric and reflect a long underground tradition mainly motivated by a consumer's quest to attain the perfect "buzz" (...), while the opposite bipolar mentality of doctors, "spe¢iali$ts" and "expert$" created 2 more that were focussed on Full-CBD and 1:1 High-CBD instead - yet BOTH sides practically ignored the 2:1, 3:1 and even 4:1 zones, left mostly unexplored so far. Not to mention such map fails to account for aroma/taste as on SeedFinder.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Hey man,

I appreciate your post that brought up a few good points. Consumption method definitely should be a considered and mentioned.

I also feel breeders have been passing over a lot of great genetics in search of what they think people want. Many of the old genetics are getting wiped out sadly..

Great example being the landrace strain “Columbian Gold.” My dad talks up this strain and says no modern day cannabis lives up to the hype. For a long time I believed him since he isn’t a bullshitter but had no proof until I read Leafly reviews and realized indeed he wasn’t lying and this strains effects have been bred out.

My uncle grows a strain that’s been preserved since the 70’s and while it wasn’t that great in terms of terpene profile, it does have a kick to it that is unique to it. I enjoy smoking it.

We need to be focusing on more than THC and CBD. Terpenes are indeed important, as are many of the lesser known cannabinoids.

I will finish with, I think growers have finally realized the importance of variations in genetics but lots of good stuff probably got lost along the way.

-GC

Salutations G_Chem,

Consumption method definitely should be considered and mentioned.

I was suggested an idea long ago that my particular daily tool may actually provide access to a type of cannabinoïds release which significantly differs from popular "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers" à la Volcano, because mine is about Pulse-Heating instead. This boosted my motivation thinking it may be beneficial in terms of precursors with anti-inflamatory properties, for example.

I also feel breeders have been passing over a lot of great genetics in search of what they think people want.

Exactly my concern as well, not to mention we can't tell for sure what "great genetics" shall be like in the next century, nor what people may prefer for that matter. Personally i might wish for short-stalk trichomes, in opposition to longer ones as illustrated below:

One possible problem with those is that it may partly defeat a consumption method supposed to differentiate between ordinary vegetal tissue and tiny contact-surfaces where noble molecules are most expected to be found...

...no modern day cannabis lives up to the hype. ... We need to be focusing on more than THC and CBD. Terpenes are indeed important, as are many of the lesser known cannabinoids.

Exactly, there's no good reason to sacrifice legacies of the past and even less in a supposedly "legal" context where cap'tain Itnoc should have liberalized (...) CBD instead of paving the way to some Frankenstein-like "Novel Food Regulation" to deal with eventual re-scheduling, e.g. once the WHO/UN managed to reach a coherent consensus that aims in the opposite direction adopted in Vienna/Austria recently (if that's realistic to hope so!):

...I think growers have finally realized the importance of variations in genetics but lots of good stuff probably got lost along the way.

Now that "legal" just feels synonymous to socio-toxic black market on steroïds (or crack...) i fear a time may come when cannabis cultivation and professional growers altogether won't even be required anymore: instead complex synthetic cannabinoïd profiles shall be conveniently spray-printed on-demand, and why not on registered consumption discs also loaded with a medical pedigree chip, so our brand-new predatory industries can thrive on the Canuck land of Trudeau forever!

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
I plan on growing two different strains, one is called "killer white". I don't have much info but was hoping maybe someone here knew more about this one.

Chemdawg is a strain native to Colorado, smells and taste like lemons and gasoline, extremely potent.

CCt95K5.jpg

Pre 98 Bubba is a classic connoisseur's strain, very potent with some CBD action as well, smells like coffee and chocolate.

D5nNGUb.jpg

Im a medical user, I use automatics from mephisto genetics and they rarely disappoint.

Currently i have 'Forgotten Cookies' which is bred from Amnesia Haze x Girl Scout Cookies (Forum Cut) and shes lovely! massive rock hard buds covered in trics comes in ~25% THC not sure of the CBD % but I suspect its on the low end.
Produces an energetic and creative high to start and fades into a lovely indica chill. Probably one of the best in Mephistos catalog IMO.

The other Mephisto I'm enjoying atm is called 'Bubbasquanch' its bred from a 90's Amsterdam Bubblegum cut x Yeti OG, this one has the most delicious smell and leaves you feeling mentally stimulated but physically calm, the buds are impressive too, sativa sized but indica dense! All organic too :)

A lot of people will tell you that automatics aren't worth the bother as they are too small and not strong enough, this used to be true but they have come a long way in the last few years and with the better, dedicated breeders there are some seriously impressive strains coming out. Both the plants above yielded over 5oz of tops each and went from seed to finish in 11 weeks.