• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis still harmful to health: report

It's somewhat misleading to claim "cannabis use" can increase the risk of pulmonary and cardiovascular problems known to be caused by inhalation of smoke and not by cannabis itself. Unfortunately, raising awareness doesn't seem to help. I have known a number of chronic users who had access to vapourizers and still preferred to smoke it. What can you do if people don't care they run the risk of spending their last days having to gasp for each breath? It isn't the quick or painless death that I'm sure everyone, universally, would prefer.

That's the beauty of it, by God! It doesn't matter what you want! That's wishful thinking to the Nth degree.

Sure spend your life avoiding cigarettes and at your next annual physical get diagnosed with aggressive cancer.

Everything is bad for you.

Smoking may kill YOU, but I know I'm gonna be "Alive..with Pleasure!".

Besides, i'm pretty sure those annoying-ass anti-smoking commercials have pretty much rammed it down everybody's collective throat & driven the point home. Just as much as the ever-growing prevalence of cancer cases unrelated to smoking have taught much of the public to completely disregard said commercials!

Besides, i'm pretty sure those annoying-ass anti-smoking commercials have pretty much rammed it down everybody's collective throat & driven the point home. Just as much as the ever-growing prevalence of cancer cases unrelated to smoking have taught much of the public to completely disregard said commercials!

Ironically enough, those anti-smoking commercials are telling the truth when they say smoking leads to an increased chance of developing some kind of cancer.

I think we disregard them anyways because, on average, people just don't give a fuck about the long-term.

::raises hand::

I'm one of them.

Basically, it seems like smoking's not a problem until it becomes a problem. Foresight is not typically involved for most people that smoke cigarettes.

Apostrophes are your friend.

I'm more of a hyphen kind of guy. Brings two things together without subtracting from either, kind of making it the Cupid of punctuation if you stop and think about it.

Apostrophes are just soulless clerks going about their job on autopilot, barely looking at the marriage license before they give it the okay.

Who would have thought that ANY smoke going into your respiratory system could cause harmful effects?

This isn't new information. Choose a different route of ingestion. As for the other findings, use moderation. Simple. Same with alcohol.

I'm 24 and I've already had skin cancer cells start growing from sun exposure, but there's no national ad campaigns telling me the dangers of playing outside as a kid. Yet they feel the need to attack weed? What about actual causes of cancer that are tangible and kill people every day? I can tell you one thing, the sun will kill me before weed ever does.

I vape these days but it's out of a demand for incognito toking; I'll probably go back to half toking/half vaping when I get to a better place.

Also I find it amusing how the drunk kids with red solo cups in that ad are chastising 'stoner sloth'; doesn't Australia have a huge issue with over-consumption of alcohol in many provinces?