European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Cannabis - smoking or eating?

Forever Changes

Bluelighter
How does eating cannabis compare to smoking it?

I've moved into a rented flat and the owners (an elderly couple) live above so smoking anything is a no-no or I could get evicted.

Is ingesting it viable and are the effects similar using that ROA?

I've found edibles to be generally longer lasting and depending on how much you have can be much stronger than smoking. If smell is a concern I would recommend a dry herb vapouriser, the smell dissipates very quickly, I've vaped in a house with my parents in before and they didn't know. You also might find that preparing weed into edibles can be pretty smelly.

You can also use the bud that comes out of the vapouriser (avb) to make edibles if you want.

^ so do you have to cook it for edibles or can you just consume the weed raw?

I really don't know a lot about cannabis as it's still illegal here

You can't eat weed raw, it needs to be decarboxylated (a bit like activating it). This happens when you smoke it or use a vapouriser because it gets really hot and this converts THCa into THC.

To make edibles you first need to decarboxylate the weed, people normally do this by grinding it up and putting on a baking tray in the oven at 105c for 30 minutes, after that they might put it on a low heat in some butter or coconut oil (THC binds to the fat) and then use that oil in whatever recipes they want. The spent weed that comes out of a vapouriser is decarboxylated already which is why it is easy to make edibles with or can be eaten (but doesn't taste nice).

great thanks, so if I manage to get hold of some (not easy for me as I don't know anybody where I've moved to) then I can just put it in the oven and turn the fan on which should blow away any incriminating odours :sneaky:

I reckon it's about time that those clever Dutch breeders produced a strain that retains its potency but is totally devoid of smell...

The edibles left over from vaping are cbn if you just like feeling drowsy and nothing else.

Wrap it in tinfoil then put it in the oven. Do not just put it on a plate and leave it in there for an hour at least.
I've researched it and you get more out of it that way.

Eating it it's a completely different drug (literally - it's not THC it's 11-hydroxy something). Decarb it and stick it in capsules - no need to piss about cooking chocolates if you don't feel like it. Never liked smoked pot - I love eating sativa.

Not sure if you can source cannabutter or make your own but a teaspoon of that in your morning coffee and you good to go. The onset just takes longer and has longer legs ( i beleive the expression to be )

I use to make a lovely brew.... melt a nob of butter, put in hash @1g per person, dissolve on low heat, add milk heat till just below boiling, add a nice splosh of brandy and drink. onset 20m and high all night.

yeah i prefer inhalation over orally taking thc. would prefer to just vape it over smoking as smoking is pretty harsh on the lungs long term (im fucked)