• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis not flushed all the way

What 23

Ex-Bluelighter
At least I think that's wrong with it. I have gotten some from the same guy, same strain, apparently from the same plantation, a couple of times before, and it was always good. I just got some again and it had a strange flavor to it... I can't quite describe it. It isn't necessarily chemical as in something adulterating it, as I would probably be able to tell because I'm really sensitive to chemicals. My friend has suggested other times that I might be reacting to certain pot, getting headaches and it being harsh, because it hasn't been flushed out enough.

This one gives me a slight sore throat that goes away within some hours, and a slight headache. More the more I smoke, probably. Again, I think it might be whatever nutrients were left in it, and perhaps this particular plant or these buds just didn't release it all at the same rate as some.

I was curious if anyone else had experience with this, and what if you had experience with it one might do to make it more usable? I'm about to put it in some coconut oil to see if eating it- not combusting it, can bypass the majority of the irritation/side-effects.

I know you can water cure it.... would this help in this situation, if it is indeed a result of some extra fertilizer (organic), or nutrients didn't flush out, or if it's some contaminant?

I may just cut my loss... I have a friend who I can give it to who doesn't notice the same level as I do. Just curious what anyone here might say.

Thanks

edit: I also don't suspect mold, as it was plenty dry and he said it was all dried together the same way, with a good deal of attention paid to method of controlling moisture... but I don't know.

I've noticed that weed that wasn't flushed properly tends to have a darker ash.

yea it's definitely darker. or, maybe i jumped on that. i don't know.

You could try to water cure your weed. I have read that you can extract left over salts out of your buds by completely submerging your buds in water for a few days. Also, the remaining chlorophyll, which could also be the reason for harsh smoke and headaches, will get extracted into the water. It's important that they are fully underwater with no air contact (preventing mold). Change the water each day until it looks clear. Obviously the buds should be handled carefully (no agitation) to prevent the trichomes from disengaging. After the cleansing you should dry the buds quickly to prevent mold from forming.

You will lose some weight and there will be very little taste/smell left(if at all), but from what I have read, water curing gives you a very smooth smoking experience with no real loss in potency if done carefully.

I've noticed that weed that wasn't flushed properly tends to have a darker ash.

Yes, although I don't like smoking it down the white ash most of the time before emptying the bowl, I do it at least once with each batch I pick up. It's a very useful litmus test to expose the buffoonery of improperly flushed weed.

It's not happened often at all, but the few times I got weed that wasn't flushed all the way, I simply never went back to the same dispensary or dealer. Vote with your wallets.