• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

cannabis making me feel too tired

crazybinc

Bluelighter
Iv been smoking cannabis for a while now. About 4-5 years. I have medical card now and every time I use I get so tired and just want to sleep. I have a low tolerance currently. About 3-4 hits gets me very medicated. I have a blood disorder (very rare)
Called thalasimia minor. It causes my red blood cells
To be very small and I'm pretty sure since red blood
Cells carry oxygen threw the blood this might be
A huge factor. I know all smoke and vapors cause
Restricted blood vessels etc. Maybe it's the strain?
I get bubba kush and og kush usually. All
Very potent medicans. Any thoughts on my issue?
Cannabis really helps with my chronic pain
And eating disorder. And insomnia. I hate regular
Pain meds due to dependency and or side effects
and am very paranoid about anything not natural.
Maybe some remedy for this? And if you look up
Thalasimia Minor on wiki that would very much help
A lot of you intelligent fellow users.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Sounds like you're smoking Indica-dominant strains. They are known to affect you more couchlock-wise.
I would suggest you try Sativa-dominant or even Sativa-only strains.

If you're vaping you could limit the temperature to 185/190°C in which case you limit the amount of sedating chemicals in the vapor.

Hope all goes well.

When I only vaporized concentrates, I find it got me nowhere near as tired as blazing bud can.

The general idea is that there are two different types of cannabis sativa and indica (just the two major ones) and they have different effects. People say indicas tend to be more sedative and sativas more energetic. Personally I have yet to notice a difference but I have never had a dispensary to test how I respond. I would start by getting a sativa based strain because why not if you have the option.

The other thing you could try is smoking even less. If it work it's works. I personally get additional caffeine when I think I am going to be tired but I wouldn't recommend more drugs ;)

I would counter-act any tiredness I got from cannabis with caffeine, personally. Coffee or an energy drink or something like that.

It would work well, at least until the eventual caffeine crash and then I'd feel tired again.

I know you said you hated pain meds due to the dependency issue, have you tried kratom? It's natural and works surprisingly good for pain, like other opioids will cause addiction/dependency but they really aren't all that bad as long as you aren't taking crazy amounts and redosing throughout the day. It goes great with weed and some types of kratom are more energetic and others like "bali" are more sedating and better for pain.

I used to have the same problem with indica strains. I personally don't smoke anymore because the weed is just to potent these days and I end up having panic episodes.

When I did smoke I really enjoyed sativa strains. They seemed to be a very functional high that was more of an enhancement than a intoxicating high. Haze strains may be your best bet...however I really enjoyed Sour Diesel due to it making me want to work.

Just smoke it before bed, experiment with some other types on the weekend, just in case you cant sleep.

CBD oil happens towards offer confirmed various conditions towards cure stress as well as anxiety problems, swelling and continued acute pain. Manufacturing Cannabis provides a higher CBD information and provides small areas of THC, creating CBD complete drops is a secure therapy of healing various medical problems.

Last edited:
I would counter-act any tiredness I got from cannabis with caffeine, personally. Coffee or an energy drink or something like that.

It would work well, at least until the eventual caffeine crash and then I'd feel tired again.

mind you the crash will make the sedation even worse lol.

from experience, ice cold water helps in keeping me awake (it's even suggested to be more effective at keeping the consumer more alert than a cup of coffee). maybe sip something cold when smoking these strains.

otherwise sativa dominant hybrids or straight sativa strains may be a better suit.

Yeah I often have a few strong coffees per day like fresh coffee pot stuff. Usually one after each meal counteracts the smoking from 11am onwards.

OP sounds like it could be down to your condition although I would advise getting some sativa. I have some weed right here that makes me stay up later, I wind up fucking around listening to old music or programmes from the laptop blown up on HDMI. It's great, I'm not a big fan of indica weed. Indica hash is another matter.