• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis just doesn't feel as good as it used to... Why?

Firth

Bluelighter
I've been using cannabis for a couple of years... I used to get great euphoria, everything was amusing, the slightest thing would set me off, I used to get munchies like no other... Now, no matter how much I smoke, it just doesn't feel the same, even after large tolerance breaks, cannabis just isn't the same any more, I wouldn't now how to descibe it but my brain just feels zapped, I become completely unproductive,it just doesn't feel fun, then I go to sleep.

Is it just that the novelty of using cannabis has worn off, or could it be something else?

You are broken.

jk.

Luke 14:34 "Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?" - Jesus

Get some exercise and you'll feel it again

I've been using cannabis for a couple of years... I used to get great euphoria, everything was amusing, the slightest thing would set me off, I used to get munchies like no other... Now, no matter how much I smoke, it just doesn't feel the same, even after large tolerance breaks, cannabis just isn't the same any more, I wouldn't now how to descibe it but my brain just feels zapped, I become completely unproductive,it just doesn't feel fun, then I go to sleep.

Is it just that the novelty of using cannabis has worn off, or could it be something else?

Maybe you have developed an extensive long term tolerance.
Maybe your supply has decreased in quality.
Maybe you have developed a mental aversion to enjoying cannabis.
Maybe something happened that I couldn't think of in the last 2 minutes.

I actually taken up cycling a few months ago so I'm now getting my fair share of exercise...

I'm not sure if it could be something to do with the use of other drugs, I dabbled with amphetamines, I last used them about a month ago (snorting speed powder), about 10-12 times in total I think... I noticed after the first time I used them cannabis didn't feel as strong, I'm not sure if there could be some kind of tolerance there with amphetamine effecting dopamine. I also tried a few diazepam out of curiosity. Anyway, I decided that I was getting far to interested and flushed my speed supply down the toilet, I haven't tried to procure more since and don't plan to, I don't fancy ruining my life. Cannabis, mushrooms and maybe LSD from now on; nothing else. Maybe my experiences with cannabis will start getting better again now I've said no to stupid drugs.

its like if you do any activity most days for years, it starts great, but you gradually become bored of it.

you can take a long break from weed, and you might enjoy it again in the future.

or you can start doing dabs, get so zoned you don't realise how much you don't like being high.

you've just gotten used to the side effects and tolerance plays a part also. That goes with any drug, they're all fun in the beginning and then you get used to it and its not as fun as it once was. Don't you notice when people first start smoking theyre all giggly and energetic then after a while you cant even notice the difference when they're high? yea thats when i quit smoking, when it wasnt fun anymore.

Do you take other drugs? Are you having stress in your life?

Maybe you just find getting high to be boring? Did you smoke herb daily for long periods of time like years? Do you find other drugs more exciting?

I'm not you, so I'm just posting these questions since my friends that don't like herb, or no longer like it herb have told me why they don't enjoy getting stoned anymore.

I think of it like any other hobby- some you stick with forever and some you just grow out of. Just take a tolerance break until you really want to smoke weed I guess. Or try not buying any yourself and only take part when offered to you and see if that doesn't change your perspective on it.