• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis herbal enhancers

George1012

Bluelighter
Anyone know any cannabis herbal enhancers?

I'll name off a few of my favorites

Here are some you might not have tried that have a significant impact on your high. Theres wormwood, passionflower, and wild lettuce. I've heard of wormwood being added to alcoholic beverages, being called absinth, not sure the proper name of that but the thujone in the wormwood somehow greatly enhances the effect of the alcohol. It also does the same thing with weed. It gets you significantly higher. It is a toxic herb and I wouldn't recommend taking more then a t-spoon of the powder in a week. If you can get it down props to you. Its awful tasting. I usually toss back the powder or brew it into a tea. It takes 4-6 hours for the potentiation to work. It won't work right away. Trust me I've experimented with this. It will actually decrease the high if you smoke or eat your cannabis too soon.

Passionflower is another great one and its easier to take in. From what I've noticed it takes about an hour after smoking, or drinking a brewed passionflower tea for the effect to work but this one also greatly intensifies a weed trip. I've combined wormwood and passionflower in a bowl and that works too.

There are also other great ones from what I've tried, chocolate, nutmeg, thyme, and I've heard turmeric works well but from my personal experience I've crossed that last one out. When I've tried turmeric with weed it actually decreases it slightly. I've never understood how turmeric makes it stronger. Does anyone know any others I'm missing?

Most of the time appreciate weed by itself but sometimes its fun to experiment and change the way it feels.

Passionflower actually contains an MAOI, so I avoid it because there are just too many potentially life-threatening interactions (wine, chocolate, aged cheese, SSRIs and a whole bunch of others). The same goes for St. John's wort.

LOl you're not gonna die from eating a little chocolate or going to a wine and cheese get together on passionflower.

Add Echinacea to that list - it increases CB-1 transmission and helps with immune system! ;)
Also Kava (Yangonin) and Green tea extract (EGCG, higher percentage is better) - both are CB-1 receptor agonists and IME they have an effect on weed high. For Kava get the water extracted one, do not get the one in ethanol - bad for the liver.

Also there is Palmitoylethanolamide, an OTC fatty acid that increases transmission of cannabinoid receptors and I've been using it for a while now and I like it.

I use all aforementioned to cut down on actual herb and it works.

Commercially available Passion flower (even extracts) has very little of harmala alkaloids (MAOI) in it - I tried extracting them and it was a failure, I tried getting high on large amounts of passionflower extracts combining with oral DMT and also failed at it. Nevertheless, its very good at providing a gentle calm feeling and the flowers themselves are very good looking :D

Commercially available Passion flower (even extracts) has very little of harmala alkaloids (MAOI) in it - I tried extracting them and it was a failure, I tried getting high on large amounts of passionflower extracts combining with oral DMT and also failed at it. Nevertheless, its very good at providing a gentle calm feeling and the flowers themselves are very good looking :D

Yeah, there apparently isn't very much MAOI in there but I thought it was worth mentioning.

The problem with herbal supplements is that I never really know how much of anything is in them. I've taken 30% kava extracts that didn't do anything and 30% kava extracts that knocked me on my @$$. It all depends on the brand, origin, drying time, extraction process, etc.

I wish that they would regulate supplements in the same way as medications so that you would always know the exact potency, but I won't start up on my "big pharma" rant right now... 8(

I'll have to try goldenseal. That one sounds promising. St John's wort also greatly increases it for me. There are even herbs and supplements that decrease your high or will make it less intense overall. Vitamins B, C and A seem to 'absorb' the effect, also cinnamon. I noticed when I was taking cinnamon daily for diet purposes I had a harder time getting high, it somehow made me more resistant.