• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Biology Cannabis for Chickens

jasperkent

Bluelighter
Last edited:
Interesting stuff to read about. Not sure it exactly fits in with CE&P, but I'm going to wait to see what the other mods say, my suggestion would be moving it to s&t.

Also, when making a new thread, you have to post something more than just the straight link. Whether it's a blurb of your thoughts, or a part of the article in quotes, try and add something that would better spark more conversation.

Thanks for the advice. It was a spontaneous thing--- I didn't give it much thought.

Also, I wasn't sure where to post it. Feel free to move it wherever is more appropriate.

CE&P -----> S&T for now. If s&t mods feel differently, feel free to move it.

Also don't forget to edit your post to add some kind of OP beyond a simple article link @jasperkent

Isn't it illegal to give poultry (or any animal destined for US market) antibiotics?

I'm pretty sure all livestock is loaded with antibiotics, both in and out of the US.
All meat, poultry and dairy foods sold in the U.S. are free of antibiotic residues, as required by federal law — whether or not the food is labeled "antibiotic free."

I remember watching the Morgan Spurlock documentary on chicken. All the packages say "antibiotic free", but in reality that's just a marketing ploy, because antibiotics have been banned in the US for decades.

Maybe they're just flushed out of their system before they get to market? I forget.