• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

cannabis edible thc math question - how many mg of thc?

phineas_freak

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone!

I’ve got a cannabis math question that I’m hoping someone can help me with. -no links-

I had made 2 cups of cannabis coconut oil using an ounce of OG Kush which was 25% THC, an ounce of God’s Green Crack which was 27% THC, an ounce of Bubble Gum which was 26% THC, and an ounce of Silver Haze which was 24% THC.

I used 1/2 of the cup of coconut oil for the recipe and made 250 weed gummy bears.

My question is how many mg of THC does each gummy bear have?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
The original 2 cups of oil has all four ounces of pot extracted, let's look at each ounce inside these two cups first.

25 percent of 28 grams is 7 grams. 27 percent of 28 grams is 7.56 grams. 26 percent of 28 grams is 7.28 grams. 24 percent of 28 grams is 6.72 grams.

So you have 28.56 grams of THCA total out of the four ounces.

You lose about 12 percent weight after a decarb so you are left with 25.13 grams of THC inside 2 cups of coconut oil.

You asked how much would be inside 1/2 cup of oil, which is 1/4th the total amount you have which is roughly 6.3 grams of THC inside your oil.

Since you made 250 gummy out of only 1/2 cup of oil each gummy bear will have about 25 mg of THC.

What are you going to do with the remaining 1.5 cups of oil?

The original 2 cups of oil has all four ounces of pot extracted, let's look at each ounce inside these two cups first.

25 percent of 28 grams is 7 grams. 27 percent of 28 grams is 7.56 grams. 26 percent of 28 grams is 7.28 grams. 24 percent of 28 grams is 6.72 grams.

So you have 28.56 grams of THCA total out of the four ounces.

You lose about 12 percent weight after a decarb so you are left with 25.13 grams of THC inside 2 cups of coconut oil.

You asked how much would be inside 1/2 cup of oil, which is 1/4th the total amount you have which is roughly 6.3 grams of THC inside your oil.

Since you made 250 gummy out of only 1/2 cup of oil each gummy bear will have about 25 mg of THC.

What are you going to do with the remaining 1.5 cups of oil?

Great minds think alike. I had figured 25.13 mg/ gummy if the decarb and extraction were at or near 100% efficiency. If your measuring was accurate, etc. In my opinion. It’s actually safer to assume 100 % extraction and decarboxylation efficiency because at most you could be over estimating the strength of your product - and when making edibles if I’m passing some on to other people I can say with confidence it’s supposed to be 25 mg and it is *no more than that*. I would rather underdone than overdose.

Tom