• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis and other drugs

mirrored_cookie

Greenlighter
Hello all, new here but I wanted to see some responses to this;

Recently I thought about it for a little while and realized that I literally don't know one person who smokes cannabis who hasn't at least sampled other drugs at some point. Because of this I can easily see the gateway drug connection, though I don't believe Cannabis on its own to cause users to WANT to try other drugs. If anything, it only makes some users more open to the idea of other drugs.

I know there are people out there who only smoke cannabis and haven't gone into other territory, I just don't know any personally.

What are your thoughts fellow bluelighters?

Personally i'd say nicotine or alcohol were the gateway drugs for me, followed by Cannabis.

I think curiosity gets the better of us.

the gateway drugs for me were dxm and amphetamines, did those before i smoked weed. i was 12 sippin robitussin sniffin ritalins, 14 when i tried weed.

The gateway drug thing is bullshit. The real gateway drug is curiosity. Or boredom. I guess there's some truth to it in that because weed is illegal it puts you in contact with people who can get you other drugs. And when you don't die from weed you feel like the anti drug propaganda is bullshit and just go hog wild on all drugs. With proper education, though, cannabis doesn't make you do anything.

I totally agree, and the gateway theory in the sense that cannabis makes you do other drugs is just plain silly. I'm just saying based off my experience, I know about ~100 people who smoke and all of them have tried something else as well, so if an outsider were to look in without any experience themselves, I could see why they would try to explain it away with the gateway theory.

I think curiosity was a big factor in me trying other drugs except opiates I got a script for tabs when I broke my arm and fell in love

correlation =/= causation

any drug can be considered a "gateway" since usually doing drugs in general puts you in situations where other drugs are available and make you more curios about trying them, IMHO.

correlation =/= causation

any drug can be considered a "gateway" since usually doing drugs in general puts you in situations where other drugs are available and make you more curios about trying them, IMHO.

This is an excellent example, I had access to nicotine and alcohol before marijuana and having done those it piqued my interest. Marijuana isn't any more of a gateway drug than any other substance that someone tries for their first "drug" experience.

Quit nicotine and alcohol to smoke weed, tried cocaine and speed at some point, I am already a raging bull i don't need anything not colored green.