• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis and OCD

F3nk

Greenlighter
So, I suffer from OCD. It's not crippling, but I regularly get anxiety and intrusive thoughts and generally feel very tense. I recently read a few articles that indicated that Cannabis, particularly Indica and Indica dominant hybrids could help. I was wondering if anyone here with OCD had experience with using Cannabis as either a treatment or a temporary relief agent for OCD. If so, what are your thoughts and do you have any recommendations?

cannabis is just wonderful for management of OCD. I use it at least 3 times a day to manage my anxiety and OCD. Doesn't really matter what strain I get most of the time, because most of todays strains are hybrids anyway, but if you can get an indica it might give a bit more relief.

My cannabis use definitely minimizes a lot of OCD symptoms, have for the entire 7 years I've been smoking. It just chills out a lot of them, stops me from caring about things my OCD would make me care about & realize when they're pointless. I prefer sativa to indica by far & find it much more helpful, all indica does is knock me out, sativa gives me the "head-change" I desire & I'm not a downer person so it feels much better all around. What's helped me manage my OCD much more than cannabis however is my use of psychedelics, tripping a lot actually allowed me to basically conquer my intrusive thoughts, showed me that they aren't "me", just my brain chemistry, & now even if they do come up I'm able to let them go rather than getting "stuck" in them.

Cannabis definitely can assist with curtailing obsessions. But some things are worth obsessing about, and Cannabis can even help with that by helping someone calmly and enthusiastically "obsess" with such worthies.

And here the similarities and differences between people emerge in all their glory.