• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis and mood

EphemeralOutlet141

Bluelight Crew
I have a question for you all: When you smoke for long periods of time, do you notice any changes (positive/negative) in your moods?

I ask this because I think I'm being affected negatively. Normally I have a short fuse and can become somewhat depressed, but I've noticed this is much worse during my smoking periods. I recently began smoking on a daily basis again about a month ago and I've noticed that my angry and sad reactions are infinitely more difficult to control and last much longer than they usually do, whether I'm high or not.

I know some people smoke because it does the opposite for them, but of course drugs (especially weed) affect everyone differently. Does anyone else have any examples or readings on this? I rather enjoy getting stoned, but I fear that I'm going to have to give it a rest if this continues.

it makes me passive aggressive and impatient at times.

weed definitely has an effect on mood among other things. you must always remember that weed is a drug and using any drug for long periods of time everyday will have an effect on your well-being.

cut back and then take a tolerance break. reserve it for occasions or the weekend.

i mean, you say you're being affected negatively. is smoking weed worth it?

I'm most definitely going to take a break and work out some kind of system for smoking if I do come back to it.

Weed is so easy to habitualize and depend on x_x I often forget that it has any downsides at all. It's been a day and I can already feel myself starting to get cranky...

For me it's really dependent on my surroundings and overall mood at the time.
Most times it keeps me relaxed, balanced and sociable. Other times I feel like it amplifies my desire to be alone and I get irritated if I can not have some quiet time. I've been using it daily for about a year and it's helped me immensely with keeping my sanity during an intensely painful breakup with my ex, as well as my current state of depression and anxiety. There are times I feel like it can be a slippery slope regarding my anxiety though.. however the benifit seem to outweigh the risk and occassional discomfort. I feel like a lot of my anxiety will be eased once I move at the end of the month, so we will see how I feel when I continue using mj daily :)