• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

cannabis and its 100+ toxic compounds

Are these compounds caused by the production systems (as in using different pesticides, chemicals, growth accelerators, etc?) or are they naturally a part of the cannabis flower?

Not really too much info there as far as im concerned. I cant imagine the smoking of anything to be particularly good though, a bunch of hot little particles in your lung, we all know that aint right lol.

Id be interested in some tobacco vs weed smoker autopsy lung pics though

this has been known for years, it's no suprise that burning plant material produces toxic compounds. remember the dose makes the poison though... if there is 1ug of benzene generated in a smoking session for example, it's going to be less of an issue than e.g. inhaling gasoline fumes at the filling station.

cannabis users generally smoke less frequently than tobacco smokers and also have higher rates of using things like bongs, vaporizers, edibles that dercease the risk considerably, versus tobacco being pretty much universally smoked in cigarettes these days

the study specifically is of cannabis smoke, not whole cannabis flower btw

well i switched to those CBDs. Huge fraud! A report states tons of them are fake, below the limit and its extremely expensive! and somehow in USA, its pretty much all business and fake products, just like 3rd world countries, no difference. CBD is the biggest product hoax invented in this country in a while. I mean, since the vaporizers that killed hundreds of people, of course. Not sure when we are going to start getting such fake CBD that will start killing people, but I think it might be coming eventually.

well i switched to those CBDs. Huge fraud! A report states tons of them are fake, below the limit and its extremely expensive! and somehow in USA, its pretty much all business and fake products, just like 3rd world countries, no difference. CBD is the biggest product hoax invented in this country in a while. I mean, since the vaporizers that killed hundreds of people, of course. Not sure when we are going to start getting such fake CBD that will start killing people, but I think it might be coming eventually.
I wrote CBD off completely because multiple attempts had no effects whatsoever, and once took 1/3 of a bottle instead of 4 drops.
But well was desperate and tried again a different brand - according to the package, I had 30mg and after 20min became relaxed, later fell asleep when before I had an anxiety attack. Would say it's also antipsychotic. So CBD isn't a made up thing but as you say, it's unregulated and many fraud products out there. Even read that some developed anxiety and tachycardia after taking low amounts which shouldn't be possible from CBD - maybe it were products containing more THC than they should.

Most CBD products are insanely weak and basically a marketing gimmick, but CBD is used medically as an anticonvulsant, and also shows promise in analgesia. However the dosages of CBD are tremendously higher than the weak ass tinctures that get sold in gas stations and shit.

I ordered some CBD buds that were ~25% CBD by weight and like 0.3% THC (and probable some THC-A too, which is essentially THC when consumed, but legal). I really liked it, there was definitely a bit of a high, and a marked calming effect. In fact weed started to cause me a lot of anxiety in recent years after many many years of daily potheadness, so when I was still trying to smoke weed regularly, I took to mixing 50/50 regular buds and those CBD buds and it was a less intense high with absolutely no anxiety ever. Whereas I could smoke just one hit of regular weed and get somewhat anxious, 2 hits or more and trying to ward off an anxiety attack. But with the blend I could smoke bowls in a row and be totally chill.

clinically studied doses are between 350 and 400mg. good luck getting that much without going broke. that is first you dont go broke from buying fake crap :)

cbd is not that hard to source where I come from, i have seen kilogram containers for sale before... and iirc it was cheaper than the same mass of "shatter"/thc
and yes it was independently tested

so? did you try it? do you even know its the exact amount as stated? i have seen lots of independent tested supplements still not being high quality. I got cbd before stating its independently tested. but the effect being of much more mg (therefore more money) in comparison to cheaper gas station gummies. I sent them an email complaining, they told me its a complex mixture of many cannabinoids not just cbd blah blah whatever. a lot of of those Hemp products use this tactic. to excuse their low amount of cbd with the product actually being a mixture, AND supposedly avoiding grey area of legality which is such BS; https://www.nutraingredients-usa.co...lawsuits-highlight-labeling-advertising-risks

Last edited:
I wrote CBD off completely because multiple attempts had no effects whatsoever, and once took 1/3 of a bottle instead of 4 drops.
But well was desperate and tried again a different brand - according to the package, I had 30mg and after 20min became relaxed, later fell asleep when before I had an anxiety attack. Would say it's also antipsychotic. So CBD isn't a made up thing but as you say, it's unregulated and many fraud products out there. Even read that some developed anxiety and tachycardia after taking low amounts which shouldn't be possible from CBD - maybe it were products containing more THC than they should.

Weird how it works for me, my sister during her cancer treatment and for many other people I know personally.
CBD most definitely is a really effective treatment for many ailments.
Because you had less than magical experience with it does not equate to it being a scam.
Conformation bias doesnt do anyone any good.

Because you had less than magical experience with it does not equate to it being a scam.
Conformation bias doesnt do anyone any good.
Noo it wasn't me saying it's a scam! But have to agree there are bunk products, because unregulated and such made me write it off for years.

The one I have now (interestingly it was the cheapest they had but the guy recommended it) does really work for anxiety and tension, even put me asleep twice now! It's not a psychoactive like THC and needs repeated dosing to become effective but it works and given the possibility to regulate excess glutamate it's reasonable to work for many different neural conditions.

Dosage is key though as always. Realized that I am taking more than thought, around 60mg are threshold for me, 90+mg mildly sedating.

Last edited:
Noo it wasn't me saying it's a scam! But have to agree there are bunk products, because unregulated and such made me write it off for years.

The one I have now (interestingly it was the cheapest they had but the guy recommended it) does really work for anxiety and tension, even put me asleep twice now! It's not a psychoactive like THC and needs repeated dosing to become effective but it works and given the possibility to regulate excess glutamate it's reasonable to work for many different neural conditions.

Dosage is key though as always. Realized that I am taking more than thought, around 60mg are threshold for me, 90+mg mildly sedating.
Lol sorry I replied to the wrong post!
Certainly, people scam other people and some of those people that scam others use whatever means they can to do so but its ridiculous to write off CBD entirely as a scam because some people are unscrupulous... like that logic is like "hey I bought some bunk tabs off so LSD is SCAM!
CBD ain't a miracle cure for everything that's wrong with a person but it absolutely has therapeutic effects for certain conditions.

For asecin/allone, if it's not a magic bullet panacea when he tried it, it must therefore be a total scam and be totally useless in all cases. :)

For asecin/allone, if it's not a magic bullet panacea when he tried it, it must therefore be a total scam and be totally useless in all cases. :)

not personal experience only. dozen of articles on it. google does wonders