• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis and concentration

Godwintwo2

Greenlighter
Hey guys so recently ive been thinking a lot about how cannabis affects concentration and performance at school. However whenever I do any research, I get mixed results so I was just wondering if you think smoking weed negatively or positively affects school grades or concentration and if it would be a bad idea to smoke weed two days before exams if I take vyvanse on those exam days.

And side question - would smoking weed on vyvanse be a bad idea?

All answers much appreciated

Cheers!

If you suffer from anxiety/depression and the like then I could see it helping while in school. I don't see cannabis like NZT or anything lol.

2 days is good. I think thats enough rest for Brain.

source.gif

Growing up in the 70s and 80s, upon reflection, i would gave been put in the ADHD category. Hyper, class clownish, whatever you want to call it. I was mischievous, but not beyond that.

At around 13, i discovered weed. From that day forward i basically was good to go. Grades were not a problem, so weed just turned my noisy brain down enough to chill and focus. For me, it was perfect. But, there's a limit. If you struggle to get Cs, the addition of marijuana may not help. And if you're getting baked instead of going to class, instead of doing the work, and not really participaring, that's not going to help.

Something happens as you go through high school to college too. It's one thing to get high before a general class, with 80 people, and getting high before a college class in your major, with 20 people. Now, you're paying good money to sit with other people paying good money, and taking their education more seriously. Little by little, i saved my weed use for after classes, after the day and work was done.

Now in my 40s, way out of school, there's a middle ground where a small pinch here and there supports my day, almost as if it were medicinal. I would say it neither helps me focus nor prevents it. It sets my head right to a relaxing place where i want to focus on whatever it is I'm doing, and enjoy it more. It's supportive.

I think the only way to answer this is to look at yourself and see how it effects you and your performance.

Yes. The ability to be honest with ourselves. There's a life skill we can all use more of.

Hey guys so recently ive been thinking a lot about how cannabis affects concentration and performance at school. However whenever I do any research, I get mixed results so I was just wondering if you think smoking weed negatively or positively affects school grades or concentration and if it would be a bad idea to smoke weed two days before exams if I take vyvanse on those exam days.

And side question - would smoking weed on vyvanse be a bad idea?

All answers much appreciated

Cheers!

I think its mostly and individual thing. Also depends on the classes. Bad for math and fact absorption. Good for creativity and to ease the stress. I smoked through most my college life and averaged a 3.3 at the community college. When ai stepped up to the university level I quit smoking the 1st year. My gpa was 4.0, but my stress level was through the roof. I was a fucking psychological mess.

Yeah, if you want to perform your best. Sober is the way to go if you can.

Weed has made me both hyper focused, extremely motived, and very lazy, oblivious. It depends on what I'm doing at the time I smoke, how I feel beforehand, what the strain is, and how much I smoke.

Personally back when I used to smoke a strawberry cough/ sour desiel hybrid it gave me intense focus and quite a good cognitive boost. I wish I could have a limitless supply of that strain again, my friends dad grew a lot of it and I got it for free a lot of the time.

It makes me think about things deeply, but when it comes to doing them it's a different matter. It's the drug if procrastination for me - nothing gets done if I smoke weed. So I guess it does make me concentrate on things at the time, but I've usually forgotten them the next day, depending how much I've smoked.

I have an opiate and double xanny with a shot of rum followed by a jay browns cigar in case I get anxious off weed but thats just me.

Kinda depends. When I would wake and bake and go to school it made memorizing things tedious but possible (after repetition of course) so I'd have to spend more time and energy with facts/ formulas etc. When I changed my smoking routine to way later at night around 9-10pm, school got a lot easier. I prefer to attend class and study with a clear mind and not be stoned, saving the bud to relax at night after a hard day's work. When I start smoking earlier in the day it does drain my motivation immensely.

Thanks heaps for these answers - after reading them I came to the conclusion that I'd save it for the day when I have no exams to relieve the stress which ended up working pretty well

Cheers!