• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabinoid Contents in Shatter/Wax (THC v. CBD v. CBN etc.)

thizzkid

Bluelighter
Hey there Bluelight I had a question about wax.

So here's the scoop. I'm new to the wax scene so excuse my basic questions but I couldn't seem to find an answer to this question anywhere.

In all forms of BHO and wax, shatter, etc; is the final product normally just THC or does the extraction pull all of the cannabinoids? Or maybe just some? I'm not familiar with the process involved in producing wax, but the reason I ask this question is because a good friend of mine is attempting to treat what he believes to be a small cancerous tumor. (Please don't go into the reasoning or if this is even a useful idea or not, that is irrelevant to the question.) He is doing this by making home made weed pills in the hopes that primarily CBD's fabled cancer fighting effects can be harnessed.

We made our first batch today using shatter and coconut oil and they certainly get you high meaning significant THC content, but the question of whether shatter even contains the other alkaloids is important. If the process of producing oil, wax, shatter etc does NOT harness all the cannabinoids, then we will revert to using hand-rolled hashish as the THC,CBC,etc. source in the future, but I wanted to see if anyone out there with a better understanding about this than I have could speculate as to whether hash pills or wax pills would be best for the purpose were trying to serve.

It might depend on the process/solvent used but I'm fairly certain it would contain the majority of cannabinoids present in marijuana if not all of them.

This question is hard to answer as a lot of the cannabinoids in cannabis are not studied. If it was made from a sativa it would have more thc and less cbd. If it was an indica it would have more cbd.

make sure you decarb the oil, one of the most important things you can do. also, to my understanding, N-butane is the best solvent to use for extractions because it extracts almost all of the cannabanoids.

I believe the terpenoids get destroyed when making wax, and possibly shatter

I believe flavonoid content and possibly terpenoids are still present in the high quality hash oil I have