• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabidiol (CBD) extract from hemp legality

jameskpoke

Greenlighter
Is pure CBD oil extracted from commercial grade hemp plants legal? for research purposes? for human consumption? is it worth the exorbitant price?

Cannabidiol is not listed as a scheduled substance and has many health benefits with few psychoactive properties. Many vendors and wikipedia claim it is legal in all 50 states but i assume its an analogue of the S1 substance THC. so it may be legal to possess and sell but not for human consumption. is this a logical conclusion?

edit: also would this show up on drug tests? i assume so but just curious.

thanks

Salutations JamesKPoke,

Is pure CBD oil extracted from commercial grade hemp plants legal? for research purposes? for human consumption?

In my opinion there may be some people located in Englewood Cliffs (NJ) and/or San Diego (CA) who would know 1st-hand about the legality of CBD products, for example right now i have the CanChew Gum in mind as this is extracted from hemp oil as i recall.

...the exorbitant price?

You noticed?!... Well, the prices never went down before the late legal cannabis frenzy started. If i'm not mistaking that's how some famous criminals found their place in history and the word would be "prohibition" - plus nation-wide government-supported bigotry if you ask me!

Anyway in terms of cannabis cost there's got to be a serious source of distortion somewhere between Uruguay and the economic environment where we stand... In any case the difference materializes as profit i gue$$.

How does that make sense?

=D

hmmm the drug test question, i'm pretty curious about as well. since most drug tests simply test for THC and not for weed in general. and CBD is a different thing than THC. so i might conclude that it wouldn't, but than again, i have no idea.