• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

canna oil confusion

badppl

Greenlighter
hello, i made canna oil with coconut oil. initially it came out looking normal. i wanted to get rid of some chlorophyll so i warmed up the jar, added water and shook it real well. then i cooled it down to a solid, poked a hole and drained the water out. I then warmed the jar up again turning it into oil. i repeated the water filtering process once more. though after the 2nd time after i poured the water out, the oil wouldnt quite melt back down to an oil. it will freeze normal, but melt down to a whipped consistency. it's been a couple days and now there is a slight layer of liquid oil on top. im kind of thinking some sort of emulsion formed but this is my first time making oil and running into to situation. if you've encountered this before some insight would be nice but i guess what i really want to know is, can i still consume this? http://oi62.tinypic.com/157iqzs.jpg

do you always use coconut oil? my guess is it has something to do with freezing and heating on the second time around, probably some sort emulsion like you said.

I think it would be fine to consume, I can't see any reason it would be bad. Coconut oil wouldn't spoil, i think it should be fine maybe just look different.

It looks fine, but it just seems like it's lacking color. Imo no reason to get rid of the waxs and whatnot for edibles only hash as smoking that stuff is harmful. Eating it I doubt as much