• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Canna-Caps (Cannabis Oil Capsules) vs. Cheeba-Chews

Amadeus-

Greenlighter
I have never used THC or cannabis, so I'm trying to find a good way to try it out (without having to smoke anything.) In looking around, I found two items that I thought might be good to start with and am curious if anyone has any thoughts.

The first item is described as follows: cannabis oil capsules, weighing about .9g each, made from a Cali Orange Krush flower, a hybrid strain with over 50% THC content.

The second item is the commercially available "Cheeba Chews" (chocolate taffy flavor.) They're available either as Sativa, Indica, or Hybrid.

...or, is there something else you would recommend?

Basically, I'm looking for a nice high as a new user, and would prefer to feel like I'm either eating candy or taking a pill to get there (I have no interest in the taste of cannabis or the smoke of it ...I'm only interested in the effect.)

Thanks!

(p.s. I apologize in advance if I misspoke or have written anything foolish. Although 40, I'm completely new to this scene, and am just trying to make informed decisions!)

THC is metabolized into 11-hydroxy-THC (2x as potent) in the liver.

edibles may not be the best way to get into cannabis especially with no tolerance. you'll risk a freakout or just an uncomfortable trip.

you should acquaint yourself with the effects of THC before ingesting oral cannabis. i suggest a couple hits from a proper vaporizer as you wish not too smoke.

even then you can get very high as vaporizers provide a very potent THC high.

being 40, a bad trip of cannabis edibles would likely land you in a very paranoid state probably thinking your heart will stop.

otherwise, if you do choose the oral route then please, start very very small. it's very easy to over-do edibles as it can take up to 2hrs for initial effects depending on stomach contents.

being 40, a bad trip of cannabis edibles would likely land you in a very paranoid state probably thinking your heart will stop.

otherwise, if you do choose the oral route then please, start very very small. it's very easy to over-do edibles as it can take up to 2hrs for initial effects depending on stomach contents.

Thank you so much for the insight and advice. I can assure you that I plan to start out with a small dosage and will wait it out patiently. If nothing happens the first time, so be it. So, for example, if I were doing the cheeba-chews, I might even do half of what they call a single dose, for example. I know that they tend to make edibles, generally speaking, pretty potent since most users are experienced and need it.

Right now I'm just primarily interested if anyone has any direct experience with the cheeba-chews (which, the company can be easily found online) or with cannabis capsules. I really like the idea of taking a "pot pill" and forgetting about it; however, I have never really read anything about that, so that's why I'm asking.

It may be hard for us to comment on the capsules, as we won't know how these particular ones are made - potency, preparation, etc. It sounds like for your purposes the Cheeba Chew might be a better choice since you will have more control over the dose. If just one capsule is a strong dose (which it could definitely be for someone who has never tried cannabis), taking less than that would be difficult. Just start with a very low dose, like you're saying. I've never tried Cheeba Chews personally, but I've heard they're quite strong.

Right now I'm just primarily interested if anyone has any direct experience with the cheeba-chews (which, the company can be easily found online) or with cannabis capsules. I really like the idea of taking a "pot pill" and forgetting about it; however, I have never really read anything about that, so that's why I'm asking.

I wouldn't trust the capsules on the market currently, most of them are made in home kitchens by people with less chemistry knowledge than experienced members of this site. I also would not eat a whole Cheeba Chew your first time. Try 1/4 of one if you really want a sweet edible.

My recommendation would be a low-dosed CBD-rich sublingual spray like these: cbd.org

You didn't say what you're using cannabis for but you can decide the CBD:THC ratio that's best for you based on what you're trying to treat (18:1 for anxiety/inflammation, increase THC for pain/nausea).

I wouldn't trust the capsules on the market currently, most of them are made in home kitchens by people with less chemistry knowledge than experienced members of this site. I also would not eat a whole Cheeba Chew your first time. Try 1/4 of one if you really want a sweet edible.

My recommendation would be a low-dosed CBD-rich sublingual spray like these: cbd.org

You didn't say what you're using cannabis for but you can decide the CBD:THC ratio that's best for you based on what you're trying to treat (18:1 for anxiety/inflammation, increase THC for pain/nausea).

Thanks so much for the advice -- this is great stuff! I had never heard of the CBD sprays, I'm going to look for that too, it sounds better than capsules.

And yea, with the chews, I'd definitely start with just 1/4 of a chew (which, technically, is considered a single-dose, if I understand their website correctly.)

Hmm I dunno if you'll have a good time being so analytical about it. You're psyching yourself out by doing whatyou assume is preparation but really isn't. I agree about being skeptical about these capsule products but in terms of dosage you really can't prepare to ease into it if you have no idea what you're in for. That's akin to saying you're going to learn to ride a bike before you have even understood what a bike is.

Long story short, if you've never had cannabis before, you're heading into uncharted territory. This is a psychoactive drug that echoes some of the effects of stronger hallucinogens like psilocybin or LSD, and because thresholds and tolerances are such a personal thing there's really no way to predict without experience exactly what effect x dose will have.

The other consideration is that edibles have a longer duration than smoking or vaping. It's more comparable to shrooms, because you can be experiencing effects up to and beyond 12 hours after ingesting. With that in mind, you need to make sure your physical setting and interactions aren't going to create anxiety for you. You're not going to want to have a serious discussion about your finances, for example, so make sure your threateningly-sober friends and family don't even get the chance to contact you during your hallucinogenic vacation. It's a good idea to plan to spend some time either with other people who will be high or people who have had experience with hallucinogens. At the very least, they will know how to be emphatic and keep your mood positive, unlike people who you will perceive as threatening just because they think they can interact with you like normal. Experienced users are OK with dealing with cunty behaviour, but it's still a major buzzkill.

Finally, there is a possibility that your first time will be a dud. No problem, just try the same dose again a week later. There's no need to focus much on the technical details, just make sure you have a relaxing environment lined up and a backup plan in case you're not feeling the vibe where you are and want to just go home and chill out. Chances are slim that you will have an utter freak-out like the that famous cop who had too many brownies and dialled 911, just remember that seemingly-ordinary tasks like crossing a street will be considerably more overwhelming when you're stoned. I would recommend getting some ideas for ideal settings from people discussing shroom trips because if you haven't had any drugs before (?) then starting off with MJ edibles will be comparable to that.

I tried some 120 Mg THC caps, I started by taking roughly a 1/4 cap, then I took 1/2. I got a good buzz both times but didnt get there for 3 or 4 hours. With me it takes forever.

As a new user looking to explore THC or cannabis without smoking, trying cannabis oil capsules or "Cheeba Chews" can be a great way to start. Both options offer discrete and convenient methods of consumption, and they allow you to control the dosage easily. However, let's take a closer look at each option to help you make an informed decision.
  1. Cannabis Oil Capsules: The advantage of cannabis oil capsules is that they provide a standardized dose of THC, making it easier to control your experience. Since they are made from a specific strain like Cali Orange Krush with a known THC content, you can have a better idea of what to expect in terms of effects. Capsules also offer a tasteless experience, as you mentioned you're not interested in the taste of cannabis. Just keep in mind that the onset of effects may be slower compared to other methods, as it needs to go through the digestive process.
  2. Cheeba Chews: Cheeba Chews are edibles known for their consistent dosing and potency. They come in different variations like Sativa, Indica, or Hybrid, allowing you to choose the desired effect. The chocolate taffy flavor might make it enjoyable for you to consume. However, with edibles, it's essential to start with a low dose and be patient for the effects to kick in. Edibles can take longer to take effect, sometimes up to 1-2 hours, so be cautious not to overconsume.
If you prefer something else, you could also explore CBD-dominant products, which offer the potential benefits of cannabis without the psychoactive effects of THC. CBD gummies, for example, can provide a relaxing experience without intoxication.

Before trying any cannabis product, it's essential to start with a low dose, especially as a new user. The effects of THC can vary from person to person, so it's best to go slow and gradually increase the dosage if needed.

As always, consider trying any new cannabis product in a safe and comfortable environment with someone you trust. And if you have any specific health conditions or concerns, it's wise to consult a healthcare professional before trying cannabis.

Ultimately, the goal is for you to have a positive and enjoyable experience. Remember to be patient, take it slow, and enjoy your journey exploring cannabis!

...looking for a nice high...

In my sacrificed province the concentration levels are ridicule and just don't reflect any notions of bio-availability and posology, let alone the fact that THC and CBD are different in more ways than one but over-billed/over-taxed the same nonetheless - In The Name Of Children. yano, "not for the money"...

M'well i did try our SQdC's edibles (a "filliale" of its concurrent alcohol industry...), e.g. including some caps i think, but nothing happened. More recently though a new product known as "stamps" was added which eventually gave me one kind of "alien" buzz that i wish i could have enjoyed better if at least i didn't feel so sleepy (after emptying a box of 10 out of desperation)... Besides from waiting and sleeping nothing happened but i might get luckier with an adjusted strategy, like 2 ~ 3 stamps for starters, followed by a couple more if necessary; waiting uselessly using only 1 stamp at a time every ~15 minutes for ~3 hours was specially deceiving since i expected fast-action from what i presumed to be nano tech. Not there yet! Meanwhile it's a full 30 canuck bucks for the privilege to experiment in vain.

Smokeless cannabis is much more co$t-effi¢ient & expeditive in comparison!

IMHO

Also gonna say I don't trust premade edibles - neither ingredients nor claimed thc percentages etc

Better to just make your own and very easy to do so. At least you'll know what's in it and can work out a thc estimate

As others have mentioned though, the best advice would be to try cannabis vapourized first.

Edible doses are notoriously unpredictable.

I'll echo agingpartyfiend here. I worked in the cannabis industry before regulatory testing and it was horrible. We had no idea how much active THC was in any edibles including ones we made, and now a lot of companies are using GCMS rather than LC which doesn't give a good idea of the amount of decarboxylated THC in a product. If you want to go with an edible, a good option is to get some tested flower and make your own although this would require some research and preparation.

You would have to do the math on the amount of THC after decarbing the flower, find a method to decarb it yourself (personally I like sous vide) and then figure out how much flower weight you need to consume to keep your dose at 10mg or even less. Definitely don't go beyond 10mg THC as a new user, personally I would recommend 3-6mg for a first time and don't redose if you don't feel anything.

The decarbed flower can be mixed with a fatty substance and briefly heated then that can be eaten which will help absorption

Make sure you are either making them yourself or getting them from a legit licensed rec or medical dispensary

I would even start lower than 10 mg. As the saying goes; you can always take more but can never take less.

If you can get your hands on water soluble drops, you can accurately dose as little as 0.5mg.The Cheeba Chews are pretty good; but too good tasting and candylike for me. One leads to 10 and then I become non functional.

@Amadeus- If you can get stamps/sublingual strips they can easily be cut up w/scissors and dosed that way.

Tom