• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Candyflip, what should I do?

sirbee00

Greenlighter
I have a party with techno/dnb stage in two weeks and I've planned to Candy flip that night. I'll take 100mg of MDMA (and redose 50mg twice with an interval of 1h30) but I don't know how much LSD should I take for a perfect balance between the two substances.
Maybe something like 100ug?
Any advices about this combo?

I dunno about the measuring of this kinda thing as have done this with pingers abd tabs but usually take pingers 40 min before acid. Depends. Helps to do both separately to see how long it takes to come on up.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Personally my sweet spot is 300-400ug acid about 3.5-4 hours pre MDMA.

I'll then do 150-180mg MDMA followed by 100mg at +1 hour.

Disclaimer, I'm experienced with LSD and like very heavy visuals

I'm also experienced with psychedelics but I've have learnt from my trips that a small amount of psychedelics can be powerful at a rave so I prefer being careful.
Do you think the 100mg of MDMA will overpowered the 75/100ug of LSD?

I'm also experienced with psychedelics but I've have learnt from my trips that a small amount of psychedelics can be powerful at a rave so I prefer being careful.
Do you think the 100mg of MDMA will overpowered the 75/100ug of LSD?

I think it will still be there. Personally if I'm at a festival/rave I'm using psychs for the visuals and not so much the other aspects so that's why I like the higher doses.

Depends on the LSD too though. The acid I've got now has me blacking out for periods on two blotters (supposedly 100ug a hit lol) so I only took 1.5 at my last couple shows

It depends mainly on the timing, dose and the order you do things, as it produces an entirely different experience.

The closer you stack higher peaks, the more messy and intense it will be... which is not neccesarily ideal for a traditional candyflip, especially at a festival.

The original idea is candyflip. You flip the dark and deep tones of a full acid trip with the sweet (candy) like beauty of the full MDMA trip. flipping, not mixing. Basically, traditionally, what SWIM said, although some people would want to take lower than that (I'd probably take 130mg MDMA, but I know my sweet spot).

It really depends what level (shulgin scale)/dose your LSD trip is, and what you expect/want. I honestly don't know the best way for mixing smaller amounts.

How does the LSD dose you plan to take generally effect you? And same question regarding the MDMA dose of 50mg separated apart like that?

Last edited:
The party will last around 6 hours. (start at 11 PM until 5 AM).

This MDMA dosage plan is perfect for me : 100mg is the exact dosage I like (I've tried more but it's waste of MDMA imo) and the 2 redose of 50mg each allows me to roll for at least 5 hours. (onset + peak).
100mg of LSD is a small dose for me but even with this dose the come up is't really enjoyable.

The trip I'm looking for is a kind of "enhanced roll" but I don't want to only feel the MDMA.
Maybe should I proceed like :
11 PM : 50ug of LSD
11: 30 PM : 50ug
12 PM : 100mg of MD
1:30 AM : 50mg
2:30 AM : 50mg

What do you think?

What's the point of separating acid doses by 30min?

Personally I'd take the LSD about 3.5 hours before the MDMA, 3 hours minimum. You want the MDMA coming up after you crest the LSD peak. I've flipped where they peak at the same time and it isn't anywhere near as fun, really wasn't that pleasant actually.

If it were me I'd do -

9-930pm 100ug LSD
12-1230 100mg MDMA
Redoses as planned

I don't mean to sound patronising, but if you're taking the MDMA/LSD here simply to avoid the unpleasantness of the LSD, especially by staggering such low doses, then you aren't really going to candyflip, because there's no pay off. Well, maybe a kind of milder variant, or something similar-ish.

And although I would usually say swims method is solid here, I think the low amount of acid means that waiting 3.5 hours might be ineffective. IME, with lower doses of LSD the LSD has lost too much power by the 3-4 hour point, so you need to compensate by taking it earlier, or the MDMA takes the centre stage. But I certainly wouldn't stagger the doses, that just sounded like it wouldn't really work at all.

Again, can you describe your 100ug acid trips? Blotters are notoriously miss-marketed, and effect people differently. How long does it last/what happens? How would you rate it on the shulgin scale? Do you know when the peak usually subsides?

Basically the idea is to take the MDMA just as you're coming off the acid peak (with a full scale acid trip/heavy shulgin level 3 this is about 4 hours). However with lower doses (shulgin level 2) then the acid has really lost enough punch at that point to synergise, so you'd probably want to wait maybe 2 hours or so. I think. 3 hours if its a heavy +2. Maybe somewhere inbetween. The idea is to not stack the peaks, but to ride the subsiding of the acid peak with ecstasy.

I hope I don't sound too cynical or I'm making it sound a drag, candyflilping is absolutely my favourite thing that I've experienced on Earth. Ever. It will be enjoyable, you just need to get the timing right.

Shulgin Scale
  • MINUS, n. (-) On the quantitative potency scale (-, ?, +, ++, +++), there were no effects observed.
  • PLUS/MINUS, n. (?) The level of effectiveness of a drug that indicates a threshold action. If a higher dosage produces a greater response, then the plus/minus (?) was valid. If a higher dosage produces nothing, then this was a false positive.
  • PLUS ONE, n. (+) The drug is quite certainly active. The chronology can be determined with some accuracy, but the nature of the drug's effects are not yet apparent.
  • PLUS TWO, n. (++) Both the chronology and the nature of the action of a drug are unmistakably apparent. But you still have some choice as to whether you will accept the adventure, or rather just continue with your ordinary day's plans (if you are an experienced researcher, that is). The effects can be allowed a predominant role, or they may be repressible and made secondary to other chosen activities.
  • PLUS THREE, n. (+++) Not only are the chronology and the nature of a drug's action quite clear, but ignoring its action is no longer an option. The subject is totally engaged in the experience, for better or worse.
  • PLUS FOUR, n. (++++) A rare and precious transcendental state, which has been called a "peak experience," a "religious experience," "divine transformation," a "state of Samadhi" and many other names in other cultures. It is not connected to the +1, +2, and +3 of the measuring of a drug's intensity. It is a state of bliss, a participation mystique, a connectedness with both the interior and exterior universes, which has come about after the ingestion of a psychedelic drug, but which is not necessarily repeatable with a subsequent ingestion of that same drug. If a drug (or technique or process) were ever to be discovered which would consistently produce a plus four experience in all human beings, it is conceivable that it would signal the ultimate evolution, and perhaps the end, of the human experiment.

Last edited:
A 100ug is something between level (++) and (+++). No hallucinations but mild visuals like brighter color/light and euphoria.
The peak usually comes down 5h after ingestion.
I've already done this combo with 100ug and around 100mg of MD and I took the MD 2 hours after the L. It was really cool but when Molly kicks in, it overpowered Lysa. Basically it wasn't a real candyflip.
Maybe I should take more LSD, like 150ug