View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Candy Flipping

Justin1j2j3j4

Greenlighter
Hi, so I've decided that I want to try candy flipping(taking LSD and MDMA).
I have tried both before individually and found I love MDMA. LSD seemed to hit me differently as I felt disconnected from everyone else and even a little sad and worthless. My friends are planning on eating shrooms and I don't like shrooms so I am going with an alternate. I am new to candy flipping and would like some advice on when to take each and how far about etc.
Normally when I take MDMA I bite my first pill and wait twenty minutes then bite into my second and it hits me in about ten minutes after that hard. I have swallowed both pills before but find it's weaker than biting them.
When I took acid it took about an hour to really kick in and I took two tabs. How many of each should I take for candy flipping and how long apart from each other? Also which one should I take first?

I typically take the acid and about an hour or so into it I take the MDMA. Since this is your first time flipping go for 1 tab and 1 pill, if your underwhelmed then redose I guess... better safe than sorry. For me MDMA takes away the depth of LSD making the trip very friendly and recreational (never had a bad trip when MDMA is involved in any psychedelic combo), YMMV though of course so don't go overboard on the L until you know how your gonna react.

It is IMO smart to first allow the LSD trip to level a bit, settle into it before taking the MDMA and getting hit with big rushes. Also take lower doses of each than you normally would, gauging this means that it is extra important that you know the potency of both of your drug batches.
Candyflipping is great but it can be a bit much, also the after-effects are considerably heavier than for MDMA alone. Since there is fierce synergy, allow that potential to drive the trip home... instead of going in full force, in which case the synergy might make it go a little overboard.

Here is the candyflipping subthread: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=220721

Give the LSD time to settle in before taking the MDMA. I always find once the MDMA dies off it takes most of the trip with it so enjoy the LSD first. Difficult to get the timing right but dropping 3-4 hours into the LSD seemed to work for me.

When LSD & MDMA are used together in therapy, the MDMA is used first, to establish a pleasant plateau upon which to add LSD, which further opens the individual to therapuetic access, & extends the experience long enough to make progress. I think the MDMA does not quite push the individual hard enough without LSD, but establishes a state of mind whereby the therapists access is extended & increased, where LSD alone might simply freak out the individual too much to allow much therapy.

Although I have never Candy Flipped, personally, I suspect I would do the same thing. On the odd ocassions I've Hippy Flipped, I've always dosed the shrooms on the tail end of the MDMA trip & found the shrooms simply tripped out, & extended the MDMA experience, which is just perfect for me.

I would establish the MDMA, & then add the LSD. But I seem to be out on my own here a bit, so just ignore me...

I get the nub of your gist Si but don't you find the MDMA kills off any trippy effects once it dies away? So you end up with an acid trip that ends after 2 or 3 hours?

as I confess, I havent Candy Flipped, so I honestly can't know.

Basically, are you saying that when the MDMA wears off, it take the LSD trip with it?

If so, with shrooms, no, this doesn't seem to happen. I seem to end up with a tripped out MDMA high that's extended into the duration of the shroom trip. Bear in mind my MDMA usage is almost always staggered doses rarely totalling much more than 120mg, so I'm not often hit with a massive come-down when my usual MDMA dose wears off.

Ah - I do tend to dose rather high with MDMA. About enough to stun a charging hippopotamous. Perhaps that's why it takes the trip with it.

What is YMMV?
I prefer the MDMA feelings over the LSD so should I then take the MDMA first or the LSD?
How's the comedown generally?

^ YMMV means your mileage may vary, in other words what works for one person may not be the same for the other. I find it's best to take the LSD first as MDMA lasts ~4 hours for me while LSD lasts ~8 hours so if you take the MDMA first you may have to deal with an MDMA comedown in the midst of the trip. The combination between the two is very euphoric, it's not like the LSD is gonna detract from the MDMA euphoria too much, if at all. Most will even say they synergize and create a stronger euphoria than either alone, although that's never been the case for me. IMO candyflipping is overrated though that's because I find that MDMA detracts from the psychedelic experience which sounds like what your after, again YMMV.

Sounds good and yeah my plan is to take the LSD about 3 hours before the MDMA then
What's your opinion on redosing?