Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Candy Flipping - Looking for some advice

lanzzdub

Greenlighter
Hi,

I'm thinking of candy flipping at a festival. I have only ever taken acid once and that was half a tab. Didn't really feel it all that much but still had some visuals.

Should I play it safe and have quarter of a tab, then take 100mg of mdma a few hours later? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just have a few other questions:

- What is the come down like? Is it worse than just take mdma alone?
- How should I space out my dosage? Should I take the lsd first then wait 3 - 4 hours then take my mdma?

Playing safe is always a good idea. If you are taking the same LSD that you took last time, I don't think that taking the same dose with 100mg MDMA is a very irresponsible act as long as you used MDMA before. On the other hand, if you are taking a tab which you aren't familiar with then I would advise you to be careful because LSD dosage may change considerably from one tab to another.
I took it both ways, sometimes LSD first other times MDMA first.

The comedown is definitely much longer but I wouldn't say that it's worse than MDMA comedown. It's usually much more visual and a bit confusing at times. If you like smoking weed when you are coming down from MDMA, try to be a little slower than you would with just MDMA. Things can get chaotic and since LSD has quite a long trip by itself, expect the trip to get a little more intense and visually interesting even if you think that you are at the end of it.

Taking MDMA first may be a good idea because MDMA puts you in a very happy, optimistic mood so there's less risk of having a bad experience once you take the LSD. If I was taking MDMA first, I would wait till I hit the plateau then take LSD. If I took LSD first, I don't see planning being too important.

Playing safe is always a good idea. If you are taking the same LSD that you took last time, I don't think that taking the same dose with 100mg MDMA is a very irresponsible act as long as you used MDMA before. On the other hand, if you are taking a tab which you aren't familiar with then I would advise you to be careful because LSD dosage may change considerably from one tab to another.
I took it both ways, sometimes LSD first other times MDMA first.

The comedown is definitely much longer but I wouldn't say that it's worse than MDMA comedown. It's usually much more visual and a bit confusing at times. If you like smoking weed when you are coming down from MDMA, try to be a little slower than you would with just MDMA. Things can get chaotic and since LSD has quite a long trip by itself, expect the trip to get a little more intense and visually interesting even if you think that you are at the end of it.

Taking MDMA first may be a good idea because MDMA puts you in a very happy, optimistic mood so there's less risk of having a bad experience once you take the LSD. If I was taking MDMA first, I would wait till I hit the plateau then take LSD. If I took LSD first, I don't see planning being too important.
Thanks for the advice man. I'm going to be taking LSD first then the MDMA. Any experience on how long the MDMA will last? I've heard that it lasts a little bit longer if you are candy flipping.

Hey, this is not really BDD material, you may get more responses in PD or M&ED drugs, will move this first to Psychedelic Drugs and if you still don't get more responses I'll ask for it to be moved in the M&ED subforum, since this includes both MDMA and LSD.

hey - so one, if you have a tendency towards freaking out - dont try this first time at a festival. if you feel like you are in fact ready for this experience, i would humbly suggest eating a tab. a single tab should produce a substantial trip that lasts 12 hours (100 - 125mcg). It is uncomfortable to come down off of MDMA while acid is still acting on your system, so the best thing to do, IMO, is to take the L and wait 3 - 4 hours, then dose the E for the end. They both end at roughly the same time. So id probably dose the L earlier in the day and time the roll for whatever major act i wanted to see in the nighttime. Hope you have a good time. (also, do not do this the first night - odds are you will feel pretty beat up the next day)

Take the mdma 3-4 hours after LSD. MDMA high still lasts the same length you can feel a noticeable drop once the mdma wears off by what time your lsd peak should be fading aswell. You should be ok taking a half tab and doing the mdma. Dont do a full tab at a festival lsd isnt a linear drug a doubling in dosage is a exponential increase in effects.\

never do candy flips while taking mdma first by the time the lsd kicks in you are super depleted of serotonin and will have a very bad day.

From my experience with candyflipping, the experience will be really muddy and once the MDMA peaks hits it will often overpower the acid unless you take a high enough dose. You likely won't even feel the acid during the peak if you go with a quarter of a tab regardless of dose. I'd say go for 100ug it's already not a very intense dose and the feelings of the MDMA high will likely suppress any bad feelings you may be having from the acid. The only thing to watch out for is the comedown from MDMA where the acid is still going but you have to deal with the typically negative feelings of the MDMA. To avoid the MDMA comedown putting you into a bad trip I'd recommend taking the same supplement stack I use for MDMA; Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C, and Magnesium. This is typically enough to lessen the comedown or maybe even eliminate it. Of course, there are alternatives to these supplements in case you know from experience that you have a bad reaction to them.

Not sure about MDMA now a days...

If You want a real, true"CandyFlip"... Take ½ - 2 ecstasy pills with some LSD.

Make sure You stay below 300 micrograms of LSD.