View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Candy flipping for the very first time!

Gilby

Greenlighter
Hey everyone! Me, my girlfrien, and my buddy are alk gunna go camping soon and drop some very potent lsd. But we also have some pretty good molly. We're all down with the idea of candy flipping but i have questions. How do i time the acid/molly correctly? Should I pop the molly or snort it? Shoud I take the molly befote the lsd or should I wait till im peaking on the acid to do the molly? Any advice is much appreciated!

There are no hard and fast rules to flipping unfortunately. Getting the timing right is just luck of the draw. Indeed, I find it can actually ruin a trip because you're sat there for 3 hours thinking "shall i take the molly now?" instead of enjoying the LSD trip. I'd definately take the acid first and take the MDMA fairly late - I always find once the MDMA wears off the acid dies with it so don't take it too early.

My alternative is to split the LSD in two (or three if the blotters are v strong) and take it over the course of 45 minutes. This gives me an ecstasy feeling better than ecstasy itself, simply from the acid.

Ismene-Idk but that just seemed funny, for whatever reason. :)

But ya, definitely don't waste effort thinking about when to take the mdma. I just liked taking it about 3 hours in because you still get a good chunk of the lsd experience by itself, and then you can gauge whether or not it's a good time to add some mdma into it.

If you can't gauge it, then there's no need to add anything. :)

It's fun to say you mixed it, but lsd on its own is crazy enough. Mdma just makes it a lot more comfortable and puts you in the right mindset to have a good trip. If the intensity and darker sides don't get to you, then mixing in mdma is pointless.

Unless you just want to have fun and get roasted, then yeah, adding some mdma will help a lot.

Imo, both mdma and lsd are best used on their own, and at higher doses after taking some time getting acclimated with them. I'm sure candyflips have produced fine results for others, but personally that hasn't really been the case. They both seem to take away more than what they add on, and I've had much better experiences with either on their own by far.

Good luck with your adventure. Ah, the good old days. :)

This is one of my quotes from when somebody asked this question last week:

The best way to flip a psychedelic is to take a sufficient enough dose of the psychedelic that you somewhat forget your sense of self. Then you time it so that the MDMA takes effect at around about the same time that you come off the peak of the psychedelic and your sense of self begins to return. The return of your self (having been somewhat lost) combined with the influx of MDMA to your system, creates a beautiful sense of self and peripheral perception that directs the experience towards a gorgeous new ending.

You may well already know this, but a lot of people will tell you to take the MDMA and mushrooms in such a way that the peaks combine. This is not flipping a psychedelic. It is a misconception. Just think about the name candy flip, and what that implies. You flip the struggle of the first few hours with something that leaves a sweeter taste in your mouth. It's a metaphor for what the experience is meant to be.

I have taken the MDMA earlier so that the peaks combine and all it creates is a somewhat confusing, muddied, more intense experience. It might be a pretty cool thing to experience, but it just isn't anywhere near as cool as a successful flip.

I've also tried hippie flipping but the dose of mushrooms were never sufficient, so I just ended up with a kind of dirty, wired tale end to the mushroom experience.

Once I took mushrooms (2.5-3g dry Psilocybe semilanceata, which are more potent than cubensis) and can remember after a few hours the relief as I suddenly began to remember who I was and kind of thought "ahhhh yeah, that's it. I'm this guy. I have a personality and a character and I'm starting to remember who that is now". As it happens I didn't have MDMA at the time, but if you've experienced this sensation then know that this is the kind of state of being in a mushroom/LSD trip that is the ideal flipping territory.

When your ego returns, take ecstasy (or, ideally, take the ecstasy just before). With LSD this is at the 4~ hour point. With mushrooms I'd expect it to be at around the 2.5 - 3 hours point.

If anybody tells you to flip a psychedelic earlier, or the psychedelic happens to be too weak, then it just isn't the same experience that they're referring to. Fun, but ultimately a let down and not worth muddying the experience.

The kind of candyflip that I talk about is, IMO, the best you can possibly pull off and the reason that the term candyflip exists in the first place. It's a very special experience. The best way I can describe is tribal, advanced and hedonistic. It feels like you become your higher self and music is incredible.

It does require a decent dose of acid to pull it off though. Roughly a +3 acid trip on the shulgin scale. If you experience a +3 then do the MDMA about four hours in.

If you do a +1 or +2 on the shulgin scale, then take the MDMA earlier. The experience will be completely different though. The closer you dose the two together, the more confusing it's going to be, which you may or may not want. :)