• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Cancer Cured In Canada, But Big Pharma Says NO WAY!

thanks. that is interesting, considering that my mom has cancer. i wonder if it is available in the rc market...
i have heard a similar thing about silius marin (milkseed thistle) for repairing the liver, however, it cannot be patented bc it is just a plant, so companies have little interest in researching and marketing it, so doctors are unaware of it.

^How many patented medicines are compounds derived from plant sources? Pharmacology was birthed by plant medicine. They either haven't gotten around to it, or there are more profitable alternatives at the moment.

it's just dichloroacetic acid, a very simple chemical:

100px-Dichloroacetic-acid-2D-skeletal.png

I'm sure they haven't patented it because it's so simple. It'd be like patenting vinegar.

I was told about this story months ago. There's a reason this happened in 2010 and nothing has come of it, and it's that the whole "Cancer is cured, Big Pharma wants us sick" part of this is all internet meme. You can dig up the actual studies of DCA yourself. You'll find that the outcomes are significant (or in other cases are inconclusive) but represent nothing like a cure. DCA is a genuinely promising drug for cancer, but not astonishingly more so than other compounds in the past that have had highly promising initial trials. It's similar to a lot of other drugs you've never heard of in that respect, but those drugs didn't have the "cheap and unpatentable" sensation stirring properties of DCA. I'm not a Big Pharma cheerleader or anything, but there's a lot of populist politics inflating this story. Again, it's probably a good thing, maybe even great (who knows?), but unfortunately at this point there's less to get excited about than first impressions indicated.

Canadian researchers find a simple cure for cancer, but major pharmaceutical companies are not interested.

Researchers at the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Canada have cured cancer last week, yet there is a little ripple in the news or in TV. It is a simple technique using very basic drug. The method employs dichloroacetate, which is currently used to treat metabolic disorders. So, there is no concern of side effects or about their long term effects.

This drug doesn't require a patent, so anyone can employ it widely and cheaply compared to the costly cancer drugs produced by major pharmaceutical companies.

comments from webmaster at:

http://whatreallyhappened.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------

40764_f520.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LXH-TJYS5w&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH0BJKC_LLw&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeA84udy7hY&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_iqwHLaFW8&feature=player_embedded

The Official University of Alberta DCA Website

News and Updates

The University of Alberta Discovery
March 15, 2007

DCA is an odourless, colourless, inexpensive, relatively non-toxic, small molecule. And researchers at the University of Alberta believe it may soon be used as an effective treatment for many forms of cancer.

Dr. Evangelos Michelakis, a professor at the U of A Department of Medicine, has shown that dichloroacetate (DCA) causes regression in several cancers, including lung, breast, and brain tumors.

Michelakis and his colleagues, including post-doctoral fellow Dr. Sebastien Bonnet, have published the results of their research in the journal Cancer Cell.

Scientists and doctors have used DCA for decades to treat children with inborn errors of metabolism due to mitochondrial diseases. Mitochondria, the energy producing units in cells, have been connected with cancer since the 1930s, when researchers first noticed that these organelles dysfunction when cancer is present.

Until recently, researchers believed that cancer-affected mitochondria are permanently damaged and that this damage is the result, not the cause, of the cancer. But Michelakis, a cardiologist, questioned this belief and began testing DCA, which activates a critical mitochondrial enzyme, as a way to "revive" cancer-affected mitochondria.

The results astounded him.

Michelakis and his colleagues found that DCA normalized the mitochondrial function in many cancers, showing that their function was actively suppressed by the cancer but was not permanently damaged by it.

More importantly, they found that the normalization of mitochondrial function resulted in a significant decrease in tumor growth both in test tubes and in animal models. Also, they noted that DCA, unlike most currently used chemotherapies, did not have any effects on normal, non-cancerous tissues.

"I think DCA can be selective for cancer because it attacks a fundamental process in cancer development that is unique to cancer cells," Michelakis said. "One of the really exciting things about this compound is that it might be able to treat many different forms of cancer".

Another encouraging thing about DCA is that, being so small, it is easily absorbed in the body, and, after oral intake, it can reach areas in the body that other drugs cannot, making it possible to treat brain cancers, for example.

Also, because DCA has been used in both healthy people and sick patients with mitochondrial diseases, researchers already know that it is a relatively non-toxic molecule that can be immediately tested patients with cancer.

"The results are intriguing because they point to the critical role that mitochondria play: they impart a unique trait to cancer cells that can be exploited for cancer therapy"
Dario Alteri
Director University of Massachusetts Cancer Center

More Info On Cancer Cures/ Cancer Treatments:
http://www.thedcasite.com/cgi/dcboard.cgi
&
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn10971-cheap-safe-drug-kills-most-cancers.html
&
http://www.dca.med.ualberta.ca/Home/Updates/2007-03-15_Update.cfm/The
&
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn10971
&
http://www.apricotcure.blogspot.com
&
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-01-grape-seed-neck-cancer-cells.html

Last edited:
DCA is promising but frankly its not a "cure for cancer" it does show some promise in chemotherapy, but until patent status is attainable or the government dumps more funding on it no one will research it over proprietary compounds. Imagine spending a half billion dollars on proving a drug works for a condition in humans, then having no right to exclusive sales to recoup your expenses.

Big Pharma isn't evil, just cheap. Me and my $7/hour internship proved that :/

they got the money to hust officials and news.. but i think the whole nation should stand up and put it on blast, yet again the worthless dollar is worth more than human life, KARMAS gonna be a bitch to all these ppl knowingly killing us cuz they want the money fuck em.. im down for it cuz i watched them kill my gpa, drs are clueless now a days, not all but most.. im pretty sure they will have plenty of time to be haunted by their greed

they got the money to hust officials and news.. but i think the whole nation should stand up and put it on blast, yet again the worthless dollar is worth more than human life, KARMAS gonna be a bitch to all these ppl knowingly killing us cuz they want the money fuck em.. im down for it cuz i watched them kill my gpa, drs are clueless now a days, not all but most.. im pretty sure they will have plenty of time to be haunted by their greed

Killing cells in a dish and a rat is not the same as killing cancerous cells in humans, there is a better than not chance of this drug failing FDA trials as with every other glycolysis inhibitor. To get this to the market would be a gamble of 10 years of research and roughly a billion dollars, no sane individual would do that when the can research other compounds to cure the same condition without that extra financial risk.

You guys should read "World Without Cancer: The Story of Vitamin B17" from G. Edward Griffin.

Green tea catechins such as EGCG have effectively been shown to increase metabolism as an aid to weight loss and have demonstrated a long history as a potent tool to fight many different types of cancer. Compounds in green tea act as powerful antioxidants that can promote apoptosis or programmed cell death, a mechanism missing in cancer cells that permits uncontrolled cell growth.

Researchers from Rutgers University have published the result of a study in the journal Food and Function that explains a synergistic health-promoting relationship when green tea polyphenols and the flavonoid quercetin are provided through diet or supplementation. Quercetin helps boost the levels of green tea polyphenols in cancer cells to decrease methylation of their anti-cancer compounds, effectively increasing the green teas potency as a cancer-fighting agent.

Quercetin boosts green tea antioxidant capacity two to fourfold to fight cancer development
In past studies, scientists have demonstrated that green tea catechins undergo extensive methylation after ingestion, lowering the effectiveness of the health-promoting compounds to shield against cancer proliferation. Quercetin is a known inhibitor of methylation in normal metabolism, and a study was conducting using mice to determine if the naturally occurring flavonoid found in many fruits and vegetables could increase the potency of green tea catechins (specifically epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG).

Mice with severe combined immunodeficiency were given brewed green tea and a diet supplemented with 0.4 percent quercetin alone or in combination for a period of two weeks. Researchers determined that the supplemented group experienced a two to three times increase of total and non-methylated EGCG in the lung and kidney along with an increasing trend in the liver.

The study found that combining quercetin with fresh brewed catechins from green tea increased the cellular adsorption of EGCG four times in lung cancer cells and two times in kidney cancer cells, dramatically increasing the effectiveness of this natural cancer fighting compound in vivo. Additionally, quercetin decreased methylation of green tea polyphenols, which would otherwise limit their chemopreventive potential.

The research team concluded that "in order to have a maximum anticancer effect, green tea or green tea extract should be used together with quercetin." They noted that green tea catechins exhibit higher antioxidant potential than either vitamin C or E, and indicated that consuming the beverage was associated with reduced risk for a number of forms of malignancy including skin cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, esophageal cancer and bladder cancer. Three to five cups of fresh-brewed green tea daily combined with quercetin from fruits and vegetables or supplementation are recommended to synergistically boost the cancer fighting abilities of EGCG catechins.

Learn more:

http://www.naturalnews.com/035651_green_tea_quercetin_cancer_tumors.html#ixzz1stSqm8GD

Of course, but it's no problem for your body to deal with cyanide in adequate dosage, but not for a tumor cell. I could tell you the exact mechanism of how it works, but i suggest you should read the book.

I bet it'll change your mind!

Of course, but it's no problem for your body to deal with cyanide in adequate dosage, but not for a tumor cell. I could tell you the exact mechanism of how it works, but i suggest you should read the book.

I bet it'll change your mind!

I wrote one of my toxicology term papers on this guy's quackery...
Normal cells derive most of their ATP from the electron transport chain which is inhibited by cyanide, cancer cells on the other hand derive almost all their ATP from the upstream process of glycolysis. It doesn't change even in principle or in several well funded animal studies.

Please tell me the exact mechanism of how this works beyond "its natural". Pretty sure cancer cells upregulate the living hell out of rhodanase too, seeing as they can develop resistances to virtually every chemotherapy we throw at them.

I don't have the book at hand atm but if you really

wrote one of my toxicology term papers on this guy's quackery

then you should know what he's basically saying. But you almost answered it by yourself

Normal cells derive most of their ATP from the electron transport chain which is inhibited by cyanide, cancer cells on the other hand derive almost all their ATP from the upstream process of glycolysis.

It's just that "normal" cells need oxygen to exist so they're existing in an environment where oxygen is commonly available. Cancer cells on the other hand need glycose (or sugar), they're growing in an environment where's almost no oxygen available. Thing is, your body is absolutely capable of handling low doses of cyanide by degrading it in environments rich in oxygen, as long as it's not too much cyanide of course, but where cancer cells are, there is no degradation.

That's where the cyanide does it's function.

I'm not here to support someone i've never seen or met, i read the book, the facts, it's everything well documented and commonly available for everybody and it's surely no quackery!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdalin

the pharma companies are keeping the cancer treatments from us.. its not just gonna be one thing.. i dont even kmow how you could argue that.. people are suppose to help other people and thats not what its about anymore.. some people are so naive

I don't have the book at hand atm but if you really

then you should know what he's basically saying. But you almost answered it by yourself

It's just that "normal" cells need oxygen to exist so they're existing in an environment where oxygen is commonly available. Cancer cells on the other hand need glycose (or sugar), they're growing in an environment where's almost no oxygen available. Thing is, your body is absolutely capable of handling low doses of cyanide by degrading it in environments rich in oxygen, as long as it's not too much cyanide of course, but where cancer cells are, there is no degradation.

That's where the cyanide does it's function.

I'm not here to support someone i've never seen or met, i read the book, the facts, it's everything well documented and commonly available for everybody and it's surely no quackery!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdalin

a) Cancerous animal cells are still not anaerobes. Yes many solid tumors are hypoxic and necrotic due to a flawed angiogenesis process. This still does not mean cancer cells work without oxygen. They are not magically going to become being metal reducing bacteria.
b) Cyanide is toxic by it's interference with cellular respiration. While toxic to both aerobic and anaerobic organisms, it is about 100 LESS times toxic to obligate anaerobic bacteria over aerobic ones. Hinting that if the cells had developed some other form of respiration, they would be drastically MORE tolerant of cyanide compared to the rest.
c) As it happens to follow, in humans the tissues least tolerant of hypoxia, like the myocardia and brain are the most affected by cyanide. Again, your premise is flawed on this basis. This is one of the differences between in vitro and in vivo. In vivo often has other issues relevant to the question at hand. Long before you began any serious harm of a hypoxic solid tumor the cyanide toxicity to other tissues would be overwhelming.

10,000 Times Stronger Killer Of Cancer Than Chemo

Graviola Tree comes from the deep rainforest jungles along the Amazon. Its various parts, including the leaves, roots, fruit, fruit seeds, and bark, have been used for centuries by medicine men and women and natives of South America to treat asthma, liver problems, arthritis, heart disease.

Listed in an internal memo at the National Cancer Institute in 1976, the Graviola tree and its cancer healing powers would be unknown to the American public until the year 2000, after millions of lives had already been lost to cancer and to cancers greatest 'helper', chemotherapy.

Over twenty laboratory studies, kept quiet, have shown this tree to be 10,000 times more powerful than Adriamycin, a commonly used chemotherapy. However, unlike Adriamycin which can make you very sick, knock out your hair, and even cause death (in some cases), Graviola does no collateral damage. There are no side effects.

In laboratory studies, Graviola selectively hunts down and kills 12 different types of cancer cells (without harming healthy cells) including breast, prostate, lung, colon, and pancreatic cancer. Additionally, it actually boosts your immune system making the patient feel healthier and stronger and improves overall energy and outlook on life.

The first rule of medicine: Do No Harm. This is one cancer fighter that follows that rule and Americans almost never heard of this because it was a Pharmaceutical company that did the studies, and when, after seven years of trying to synthesize the active agents in Graviola proved fruitless, THEY NEARLY BURIED THEIR WORK..

Doctors and patients around the USA are now using this product with amazing results. Do not wait for your doctor to discover it. And if your doctor tells you it's junk, go get another doctor. There are doctors who want you to heal but their hands are tied. There are doctors who want you to heal but their minds are not open. And there are doctors who want you to heal and who will do anything that is needed to attain that goal without causing harm. Now that's my kind of doctor.

We do not know of any side effects, other than possible mild gastrointestinal upset at high dosages (Over 5000mg) if taken on an empty stomach. To avoid upset, take with food.

Source: How Badass is this information :)
http://www.allvita.net/graviola.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sclPMHdmXM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ySuisgSBwxY