• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Canadian National Pharmacy Chain Applies to be Licensed Marijuana Distributor

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
The big news that hasn't really been talked about on the Canadian news is the little nugget that the national grocery store chain Superstore (which owns our national drugstore chain Shopper's Drug Mart) has applied to Health Canada to be a licensed distributor of Marijuana.

Technically they don't intend to grow, but merely to distribute. The idea or theory is that they would be allowed to purchase wholesale from other LP's and turn around and sell that in their pharmacy chain.

In theory it is interesting. However, unless they allow patients to freely buy (Health Canada doesn't - you/re tied to one LP at a time per prescription, although you can change), it would appear that you would have to register with Shopper's as an LP.

If this gets me a higher price, lesser choice or a delay then why would I purchase my meds from a pharmacy? To be fair, there are elderly patients who might not be computer literate or feel comfortable ordering MJ online/over the phone and perhaps these people could benefit from in store counselling....otherwise I fail to see the reason behind this. Cynically I see this as a cash grab for the pharmacy to get the dispensing fees.

Tom

Yeh well u cant get otc drugs so eat horse shite.

You do understand that OTC means over the counter, don't you? Why, I could just walk into a pharmacy and ask for some OTC drugs (oh, I dunno Tylenol w/8 mg codeine). Kinda sounds like I can get OTC drugs troll.

Tom

Salutations Thomas Davie,

The big news that hasn't really been talked about on the Canadian news...

Lets not forget whenever there actually is some major cannabis-related news aired on Canuck airwaves it's only meant to carry the kind of stuff i'm personally sick 'n tired of hearing about on any public media. While pharmacists mail fail to capture enough spotlights in better-informed environments there's more going in background, for example last night on late TV news they genuinely gave me the creeps (another post will follow!)...

:sus:

...applied to Health Canada to be a licensed distributor of Marijuana.

Too bad i'll never be able to endorse this scenario it seems, because i just can't support something which is rotten down to its Royal Britanic roots, more precisely back to 1885 in Québec, as far as i'm concerned. Starting from the moment i learn the whole building was based on classification of "Indian Hemp" as "poison" it falls into trivial nothingness, i can't care less that the bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists somehow managed to build this non-sensical tragedy one step at a time over decades of converging efforts, and i'm not refering to conspiracy. The whole thing is still very wrong, it was made worse gradually as they won an inch after another while nobody cared to object, and now it's too late as they are in power at all political levels including the United Nations, e.g. internationally - which translates as being controlled at a distance from beyond our borders, in denial of democratic debate. Etc.

So, to me it's not like we were forced to choose THIS 1 single scenario and none other, Justin promised to resort to science after all, hummm... The problem is that he said only half of the truth, so to speak - being gentle here. Unfortunately the sky fell on elections day and we yet have to realize it.

Technically they don't intend to grow, but merely to distribute.

Naturally! Who would say no to an opportunity like this considering the astronomical explosion in production co$ts compared to what happens in a typical outdoors garden: 10 ~ 50 ¢/g vs 12 ~ 18 $/g, ain't that nearly correct for an approximation? Oh, and Trudeau's mari-caca "legaleezation" ain't supposed to be about making money, euh...

MouHa! Ha! Ha! What a joke - ON US!! 8(

It really is going to be a "CULTURAL GENOCIDE", isn't it?! Gee, i'll bet delivery will be performed by drone within the next 5 years!...

:|

Talk about jobs creation, machines can do it all from begining to end on planet Itnoc, In The Name Of Children... 8) No??

...you/re tied to one LP at a time per prescription...

It's simply pathetic how they've managed to "break the toys of others", these bigot people. Don't you agree the deeper we dig the more it feels void of respect to force vulnerable suffering persons to dance like this on the razor edge between what's so-called "medical" and what's actually "not-even-a-medecine-so-we-can-tax-it-heavily", on a permanent basis!... After all it doesn't appear like cannabis is about to get re-scheduled any time soon, hummm?...

;)

...why would I purchase my meds from a pharmacy? ...in-store counselling...

There were days when i thought dispensaties and/or "compassion clubs" used to define their vocation in similar tems of service. If it were realistic i'd wish you to obtain the best deal for your money, but that would feel risky now that Trudeau has laid out his cards on the table. IMO their strategy is simple: sour the milk (ref.: "Galaxy's Child",StarTrek TNG), which means the more they make your "medication" repulsive the less it's supposed to result in causing "harm" to a child of the Commonwealth. The more they make it expensive by multiplying deluxe 3rd-party intermediaries with taxes to match, the less our already poor Canuck youth is going to find the money. Meanwhile toxic paper + glue combustion remains under the radar's reach as an obsolete socio-toxic legacy of prohibition, since they certainly won't try to fix it: all they know is abstinence, for others. Lets keeps alcohol flow, with a multitude of sexy TV ads, etc...

Cynically I see this as a cash grab...

How does it feel to stand in the middle of a no-man's land when there was hope all around not so long before?... How could Trudeau's failure turn any worse!

Personally i wouldn't limit my blames to drugstores alone, they're all agitated in frenzy like crabs under the sun, euh... And forget about eating them: it's THEM who line up patiently to feed ON US. Much the same as vampires i guess - i even suspect someone is being sarcastic releasing the news this close to Halloween simply for the "fun"! To exacerbate paranoïa, psychosis, delirium tremens!!

8o

{ Twilight Zone musical theme }

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited:
It's simply pathetic how they've managed to "break the toys of others", these bigot people. Don't you agree the deeper we dig the more it feels void of respect to force vulnerable suffering persons to dance like this on the razor edge between what's so-called "medical" and what's actually "not-even-a-medecine-so-we-can-tax-it-heavily", on a permanent basis!... After all it doesn't appear like cannabis is about to get re-scheduled any time soon, hummm?...

Good day, have fun!! =D

First off my friend I will have fun. I start 2 weeks off tomorrow

I have a fear of being forced to go the pharmacy to purchase my medicine, standing in line and then asking for Marijuana when it's my turn. Askign what strains they have, getting stared at by other people and then someone farther back in line yells 'just get your pot you goddam addict'. At this stage of the game I have no problem admitting that I am afraid to have to pick up MJ in a pharmacy. There is just no way the pharmacy can guarantee crap like this won't happen.

Sadly, where I live there are zero dispensaries open. There is a storefront (part of a national chain that may be in Quebec?) that operates as a front for mail delivery of weed from BC.

However, I've been mailed the medical document that will allow me to grow, so as soon as I receive it.......I get the privelage of being forced to buy seeds or clones from my LP. Hooray! I think I can buy a clone from Whistler Medical Marijuana, but it's $750 for what they call a mother clone (and unlimited subclones).

Tom

(I ain't depressed about this yet - but I'll quite freely give up on the government depending on what the legalization commision reports in November)

Tom

Hi there Thomas Davie!

First off my friend I will have fun. I start 2 weeks off tomorrow...

Good, good. Send us pictures! %)

...a national chain that may be in Québec?

Honestly i wouldn't know as i don't trade or sell, nor do i grow even for myself. With much less desire to buy anything from an "LP" under these present circumstances. Maybe in another life...

:|

I think I can buy a clone from Whistler Medical Marijuana, but it's $750 for what they call a mother clone...

Good, good. Getting better as i read!...

...ain't depressed about this yet...

M'yeah, that. Oh well, considering what's an "expert" according to what i saw on late TV news last night, euh...

I'll pass my turn! No dispute here: it's all yours, including the November report, whatever... Must have seen too much already, go figure. Perhaps it's an indigestion, or else...

Good day, have fun!! =D