• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Canadian Legalization takes place July 1, 2018 nationally

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Legislation announced week of April 10 (~2 weeks)

-National minimum age of 18, although provinces can set it higher if they chose
-Provinces can decide how and where it is sold (10-12 different models then)
-People can grow 4 plants per household, which is important because
-Provinces can set price

I'm medical, so that means I can take my 3 ounces anywhere in Canada with me. I'll be medically retired in a few months, so I'm going to see how much I can smoke.

I'm not keen on provinces being able to set the price or being allowed to decide on the mode of sales, but since I'm going to continue to buy from my LP and grow my own I'm satisfied.

Tom

I'm buying my hydro setup this weekend.

Yay!

The resulting legislation seems good. As a long term medical user I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop but I will send my pm a thank you note. If I grow 3 plants and can buy starter clones somewhere this will work to reduce my medical costs radically. I know we don't discuss pricing but it will make my yearly medication cost below $600, I can live with that. Currently it is almost $400 per month if I buy finished product and about 150 if I buy raw weed and make oil.

I do see a need for community grow-ops. I don't want to dedicate a room in my house to flowering plants and I don't dare grow outside in an urban setting. Like the brew your own beer store we need a grow your own weed nursery.

Yay!

The resulting legislation seems good. As a long term medical user I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop but I will send my pm a thank you note. If I grow 3 plants and can buy starter clones somewhere this will work to reduce my medical costs radically. I know we don't discuss pricing but it will make my yearly medication cost below $600, I can live with that. Currently it is almost $400 per month if I buy finished product and about 150 if I buy raw weed and make oil.

I do see a need for community grow-ops. I don't want to dedicate a room in my house to flowering plants and I don't dare grow outside in an urban setting. Like the brew your own beer store we need a grow your own weed nursery.

THC Biomed will be selling clones using cloneshipper (which they purchased). I'll risk getting slapped and say that the clones are $20 Cdn. This LP will only be selling clones, no MMJ. Currently only ACMPR patients can buy from them, but I believe their capacity is on the order a few hundred thousand clones per month. That's all they sell - just clones.

What intrigues me about this 4 plant per household limit (and yeah I would join a grow-op community) is that it seems to exist outside of a daily prescription limit that medical patients are bound by - also, no mention as to whether or not non patient grow-ops would be subject to police inspection, which I dearly wish to avoid.

Tom

k8D5E_f-maxage-0.gif

congrats, Canada.

Holy shit, big win for Canada!
Hope we learn from and adopt some of the smarter policies in your government down here in the states (I know you don't hear many americans say this lol)
Seems pretty damn unlikely for the next 4 years with Donald trump as our prez :p
So glad I live in Washington state where it is legal for rec usage! But those fuckers are limiting purchasing and possessing to 1 oz, although to be fair that's enough to get me and 10 buddies baked as a cake =D

"As of November 9, 2016, the use of both recreational and medicinal marijuana has been legalized in the states of Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_U.S._jurisdiction

^Hopefully more and more states will hop on the bandwagon and attempt to propose their own legalization bill, in which case it will most likely pass, as most Americans have gotten over the "Just Say No", all drugs are bad stigma of past decades by this point in time.

Sweet. I have a medical card in CO, and tbh, if you get the good stuff, the MMJ buds aren't any worse than the recreational(although the cheap stuff is NASTY).

Even if this doesn't benefit MMJ patients in Canada, there is a lot of data showing that availability of legal weed has reduced drunk driving deaths. So, really, it's a win for the population as a whole.

Good job Canadia.

in my opinion i think its going to ruin things. I'm down for decriminalization. Its going to be far to regulated, I have a medical licence and i dont even obtain my medicine from 1 of 32 legal suppliers of medical marijuana in Canada.

in my opinion i think its going to ruin things. I'm down for decriminalization. Its going to be far to regulated, I have a medical licence and i dont even obtain my medicine from 1 of 32 legal suppliers of medical marijuana in Canada.
You guys take ex pats? I've got Norway in my blood I don't mind the cold

The thing about legalization it removes the stigma, people could admit they had a problem and seek help