• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Canada Safe Supply--do you need to be a citizen to access ?

CRICKETBEE

Bluelighter
Sorry If this is a dumb question but I have always wondered if I took a bus up to city in Canada where they have safe supply could I just show up to a place and pick up dilaudid etc? Or is there a long intake process during which you have to prove residency? Methadone programs here in the USA usally have waiting lists etc so I was wondering what the process is like.

Thanks!

You'd have to be a citizen and you'd have to be registered with a programme like that. And the selection criteria are generally strict. (As in you must be a certain age, must be dependent, must have been a user for a certain amount of time, must have a minimum of two failed therapies under your belt.) I mean if anyone could just rock up and go 'hey please sort me out with the good stuff' these places would be swamped. XD

No you do not (depending on where you end up). And in the interest of abiding by the rules of this place, we'll leave it at that.

I HIGHLY recommend you do not pursue this option.

This is one of those things where the time, energy etc. invested will probably leave a person less than satisfied. You'd be homeless in Canada with no friends or family. IMO you'd basically be committing to a drug for your happiness for the rest of your life by moving to Canada for a prescription.

I know, it sucks. I've thought about it myself. I don't like many of the effects of Methadone. Men can dream. I believe the United States has committed to a path of reactionary values. I believe most people will be dead before the United States would ever admit wrongdoing in this whole War on Drugs mess. We've already been through so many devastating drug episodes, from Crack, to Oxycontin, to Heroin, to Meth, to Fentanyl and this is all just the recent stuff. All of these things have been going on despite our knowledge of success stories in Europe and elsewhere.

I believe only the most liberal politicians are willing to give a shit about the addicts. I think it's enough for them to give the issue some lip-service. It's all very sad. We are supposed to be the greatest. We have the knowledge and the means to help these people, but we choose not to. So sad.

It’s because in B.C. Canada there was/is a state of emergency from THOUSANDS + of drug OD, Commie Fent infected H, etc. British Columbia Canada is 80% Asian almost and is close to China where the fully synthetic Fent is synthesized in Commie labs like one would bake a cake ….can make with your eyes closed, like synthesizing Methamphetamine from Ephedrine

So Govt of Canada is giving extreme addicts “Save Supply” of Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) 8mg and injectable Diamorphine (Heroin) ampoules to be administered onsite.

Anywhere in Canada you can get this through Special Access form filed by your doctor…

Diacetylmorphine (Heroin) Swiss manufactured
Desoxyn (Methamphetamine) Abbott Pharma USP

pasted through Canadian Customs unmolested, shipped to an approved pharmacy where you pick up your Diamorphine or Desoxyn script. But again, this ain’t just given to anyone. We also have ATC Authorization To Carry Concealed (concealed pistol in holster) but the RCMP just doesn’t hand these out. LE, Brinks, wildlife carry are the 3 carry permits in Canada but a private citizen can be granted an ATC if deemed necessary by RCMP & CFO

Sorry If this is a dumb question but I have always wondered if I took a bus up to city in Canada where they have safe supply could I just show up to a place and pick up dilaudid etc? Or is there a long intake process during which you have to prove residency? Methadone programs here in the USA usally have waiting lists etc so I was wondering what the process is like.
Currently Safe Supply is being scaled back and only a small percentage ever got it in the first place. Its prescribed by doctors so you need medical coverage, and you cant just bus up from another country and get that!

Vancouver B.C. is Soooooo freaking Asian man ….like going to Brampton Ontario and finding 10 Million Indian/Pakistan people….so much it’s called “Brown Town” aka Brampton

Vancouver B.C. is known for its MASSIVE Asian population. Ok, maybe 80% is slightly too high

Ya, head into the real B.C. Kamloops with beautiful nature, cottage country style outdoors, grizzly bear, wolves, moose, etc and you’ll find a white man with a hi powered rifle, zipping around on an ATV.

….and yes, Richmond Hill ha ha ha…..OMG, does China ship these people directly there or something?

WTF? should be an even healthy mix of all people & cultures….why am I seeing 10 Million freaking turbins and the horrific odour of curry ?

Actually it's known for being an overpriced, rainy, coastal village waiting for an imminent earthquake that will fuck the whole place up and a massive drugs and homelessness problem.

...with some Asians and harm reduction thrown in, I suppose.

Ya, that too. Aww, I sorry. are u from China lol. Sorry I offend you.
……and ya, what he said also. Very true.

Me? No, I'm from Scarborough.

Anyway, re-posting my PSA: Immigrating to Canada for the "safe supply" is a terrible idea that almost certainly won't end well.

I believe only the most liberal politicians are willing to give a shit about the addicts.

They don’t I’m in San Francisco and while on the surface they say platitudes about helping the addicted ….the problem is that most of their constituents (square liberals) those constituents fucking hate addicts. This is why they couldn’t get safe injection centers in SF. All those “liberal” SF citizens showed up and raised hell and blocked it. The ppl that needed it were too sick to go advocate for themselves and would probably not even be let inside the building.

The second San Francisco has a convention or something they bulldoze the homeless people’s tents, arrest them. Etc. SF itself has just switched back to arresting a bunch of drug users. Oregon has repealed their drug decriminalization.

Americans. No matter what their political leanings would hang us all from a tree if they could.

Liberals love rapists, violent criminals, illegal immigrates, Palestine, MAPs, *insert literally any group of discriminated pll* as long as they vote for them. Homeless drugs addicts don’t have IDs and don’t vote so they are not included.

One thing that American liberal voters, politicians and republicans all agree on is that they fucking hate addicts and want them dead. And that includes anyone on legal prescription drugs.

I’ve never voted republican in my life but don’t for a second beleieve that American liberals care about addicts…they don’t and that’s evidenced by the completely opposite backwards approaches America continues to take in spite of other truly liberal countries address this problem well.

American liberals are right wing. Our liberals in government are not like liberals in other countries. Our “liberals” are just a secular brand of Republican.

Last edited:
I live in Burlington, VT

We pride ourselves on our liberal values. We are supposedly so "progressive" in our views and habits. The homeless are treated like human garbage. Addicts and the mentally ill are totally ignored. The hospitals are so judgmental toward addicts that people would rather lose limbs then go to the hospital and be made to feel that way.

People are totally alienated. I'm sure the majority of people here about Fentanyl deaths and are completely detached from the idea that these Fentanyl addicts are people's children, who deserve life and deserve chances. They're just addicts and frankly, doesn't one more dead person mean more resources for those who are still left, is that really such a bad thing? They were gonna die anyway, it's probably better that they just die then suffer, right?

My point is, it's a total illusion. There is no humanity. The addicts are the addicts and the humans are the humans. There isn't a single person walking down main street willing to sacrifice anything of themselves above and beyond the spare change in their pocket (and it's a pretty big deal when they reach for that change).

We all need to sacrifice what we can to help those who are in worse shape than we are. I'm not saying I'm the king of self-sacrifice, I'm just saying, we all need to think about what we have and be willing to sacrifice for the world we want to live in.