Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canada - Fentanyl a 'public health emergency' in Montreal, doctor warns

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Fentanyl a 'public health emergency' in Montreal, doctor warns
Kalina Laframboise
CBC
September 4th, 2017

In the wake of a spike of drug overdoses across the city, Montreal Public Health is calling for an action plan to fight fentanyl and prevent a crisis situation similar to the one unfolding in British Columbia.

The Quebec coroner's office is reporting that 24 confirmed cases of drug overdoses, and 12 deaths possibly connected to drug overdoses, have occurred since Aug. 1 in Montreal.

As of late August, Montreal police say there have been more than 90 drug overdoses this year, 10 of which were linked to the powerful painkiller. Two of the overdoses were fatal.

"For us that means we have to move to the next step of our plan," Dr. Carole Morissette, the medical chief for Montreal Public Health, told Radio-Canada.

As a result, the agency launched a surveillance initiative where they analyze urine samples provided on a voluntary basis from drug users.

Read the full story here.

The downtown eastside in Vancouver is basically experiencing mass murder right now. Hundreds of people have died this year. The real estate pressure to sell and re-develop the whole area is so high, and I find the timing of crisis very interesting. The city doesn't want to address the problem of homelessness and addiction. The wealthy Chinese who are buying up Canada are banging down the doors of city hall to re-zone all of the east side for their personal profit. And now we have fentanyl killing all the squatters. It doesn't take a genius to connect the dots. The scum bag sub-human foreign developers will pave right over dead bodies in order to profit.

If you wipe out the addicts then there's no reason left to advocate for keeping the area in tact. I am so disgusted by what I'm seeing.