• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can you use more paper to seal the filter end of a joint?

BestBud26

Greenlighter
To explain, can I use some label paper to wrap around the filter end of a joint to make sure it's tight enough and not loose?

Label paper? Like adhesive paper?
I certainly wouldn't if there was any chance of it burning, but on the filter side should be fine, just make sure you roach the joint before it reaches the label.
With that being said I would just reroll it dude, only one way to get better so you don't have to end up fixing your joints everytime

Sounds like a good way to rip your joint.

Just roll up a roach, man. If your rolling technique isn't cutting it...practice makes perfect :)

Yeah I don't think it'll burn cause it is wraped over the filter only, and I usually put it out small bit before I get to the roach anyway, so I don't think the label will burn. But say if I keep rolling and can't get it right, can I just use that? will it do?

Yeah and the joint is loose over it sometimes. Can't i just use some extra paper (label) to go over it and tighten it?

Can I ask why you use a filter? I've just never known anyone to.

If I smoke tobacco, I do find the filters slip out sometimes and its a pain, but I wouldn't use a filter for weed?. You can use extra paper but I reckon just roll into a cone shape and go for it ?

Last edited:
You could always use a little rolled up bit of cardboard if you want something for the smoking end but you really don't need it.

I know what you mean... you roll joints fatter than the rolled-up crutch, and the crutch sometimes slips out or is loose. Also, some people find it difficult to properly roll a cone-shaped crutch that fits their cone-shaped joints.

I try my best to size the crutch properly so it's just wide enough, sometimes making it a bit wider to err on the side of caution, since it's easy to trim a crutch that's a bit too wide when it's rolled up.

If I don't have time, I sometimes squeeze tight the paper around the narrow crutch, lick one side of the fold and try to adhere the paper to itself using only saliva which only works really well for certain papers. This makes the "filter"/crutch end of the joint nice and tight, narrower than the equally tight body of the joint that I put a bit too much weed in.

If by filter you mean roach (rolled up card), try inserting the square end of a matchstick into the roach and twisting it to open up the roach a bit wider. This can also be done with the pull-out bit of a Clipper lighter, or even a toothpick depending on the width of the roach.

OP, have you tried glass filter tips? imo, the weed tastes nicer but the hit is slightly harsher and it feels sorta awkward in the mouth because it's much bigger than normal filter tips.

it makes it easier to roll around the filter in my experience.