• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you tell if someone dosed on methamphetamine? Even at a very low dose?

You generally look as high as you feel, in my experience. One puff for you is not equal to one puff for me. I have to smoke a lot to really get high from it, and it takes some time to kick in because of my asthma (tight chest)
My husband asthma makes smoking a tough ROA.

This is a very, very subjective question. There really is no answer to it and I don't believe that it has a whole lot to do with Harm Reduction. No harm done of course, but for now I'm gonna move this out of the HR forums and see if it can find new life in DC.

As far as subjectivity is concerned, it is really going to depend heavily upon how close your relationship with that person is. If one of my students is on speed during class, I will probably just interpret that as enthusiasm for the material. If my girlfriend has taken Meth and we're hanging out after work, I'm almost certainly going to notice some difference in how she acts. She might just want to talk more than usual. Maybe she starts talking about buying a boat. Maybe she wants a pet Komodo Dragon.

Basically, if you know a person well, you can almost always ascertain that something is not quite right. You might not be able to identify the precise drug involved, but I believe it's hard to hide. Think about all the times you were baked, walking around school, town etc. like nothing's wrong. The second you walk in the house though, it's like your Mom was there waiting for you.

Last edited:
meth in this way is much better than cocaine. In fact, on coke I can't act normal and become even more paranoid. With meth is the oposite, as no one suspect anything and there's no paranoia. That's in my experience of course.

meth in this way is much better than cocaine. In fact, on coke I can't act normal and become even more paranoid. With meth is the oposite, as no one suspect anything and there's no paranoia. That's in my experience of course.

So many variables involved in noticing whether someone is spun. However, from everything I read on the forums and my own experience it does seem like there are two kinds of responses to meth: I call these "inward and chill" and "up up and away" and they probably depend on differences in brains between the two types of people. Lots of ADHD people claim to be made chill by meth. The next biggest variable is dosage and length of time awake. Even "inward and chill" people start fraying around the edges if they overdo dosage or spend 3 nights straight awake - but probablty less so than the "up up and away" people who are quicker to go off the rails. This itself varies with tolerance for both types.

I used to know a guy who would have a shot and 5 mins later would be off stealing cars and breaking into pharmacies or randomly intimidating people people who looked sideways at him walking down the street - he would be extreme version of "up up and away"

I know another guy who can shoot 3 points of quality meth and 15 minutes later sit down with his mum for a nice cup of tea and chat about whatever. His pupils don't even dilate particularly much and he spends most of his high time lying down - extreme version of "inward and and chill". His mum worries about the lying down so much - so that's a tell for him.

If the OP question is about their own 'tells' for whether they are high that is something only they can evaluate. If it is about suspecting someone they know is on meth the thing to look for is major changes in behaviour generally (doesn't necessarily matter what the changes are). Then test them when they're not looking.

So many variables involved in noticing whether someone is spun. However, from everything I read on the forums and my own experience it does seem like there are two kinds of responses to meth: I call these "inward and chill" and "up up and away" and they probably depend on differences in brains between the two types of people. Lots of ADHD people claim to be made chill by meth. The next biggest variable is dosage and length of time awake. Even "inward and chill" people start fraying around the edges if they overdo dosage or spend 3 nights straight awake - but probablty less so than the "up up and away" people who are quicker to go off the rails. This itself varies with tolerance for both types.

I used to know a guy who would have a shot and 5 mins later would be off stealing cars and breaking into pharmacies or randomly intimidating people people who looked sideways at him walking down the street - he would be extreme version of "up up and away"

I know another guy who can shoot 3 points of quality meth and 15 minutes later sit down with his mum for a nice cup of tea and chat about whatever. His pupils don't even dilate particularly much and he spends most of his high time lying down - extreme version of "inward and and chill". His mum worries about the lying down so much - so that's a tell for him.

If the OP question is about their own 'tells' for whether they are high that is something only they can evaluate. If it is about suspecting someone they know is on meth the thing to look for is major changes in behaviour generally (doesn't necessarily matter what the changes are). Then test them when they're not looking.
I am the more chill type but get motivated. I understand you as everyone has different reactions. but in a crude view cocaine is known to not being a functional drug at all. With meth it's not the case as it is very functional for many people. What we can compare too is methylphenidate, it's like a cocaine high or stimulation, and even people taking it orally have more anxiety compared to adderal/vyvanve etc. So where we get with all of this ? well I have ADHD and amphetamine cure my anxiety and everything, as ritalin make it worse, but being a substance abuser I've being prescribed the bullshit bupropion. It is even worse than ritalin as anxiety goes and doesnt work for ADHD. I wish I get Vyvanse but it will be difficult now. So anyway, coming back to the thread question, overall meth isn't a drug that generally get people act unusually, but everyone is different, the principle of anxiety is relative and psychologically too and dosage sure plays on it. There's no right answer for this topic just speculation.

dosage sure plays on it. There's no right answer for this topic just speculation.

I've been thinking a lot about dosage lately. If I take any more than about 1/2 point (0.05g) I start to lose all the beneficial effects of meth (I also have ADHD and normally take d-amp). Such a small dose would be a reasonable substitute for my d-amp and result in very productive behaviour. However, I'm really all about the rush with meth (otherwise I might as well just take my prescribed ADHD meds) - and the higher the dose chasing a rush the more obvious it is that I'm spun. My tell mainly comes from not being able to talk coherently for a while - I use my normal voice but it soundsa bit trembly and I also sound as if I'm confused. However, I think you'd have to know about drugs and be suspicious of my using them to assume that was the problem. Enough meth will chill me into a temporary state where I feel exhausted.

I've been thinking a lot about dosage lately. If I take any more than about 1/2 point (0.05g) I start to lose all the beneficial effects of meth (I also have ADHD and normally take d-amp). Such a small dose would be a reasonable substitute for my d-amp and result in very productive behaviour. However, I'm really all about the rush with meth (otherwise I might as well just take my prescribed ADHD meds) - and the higher the dose chasing a rush the more obvious it is that I'm spun. My tell mainly comes from not being able to talk coherently for a while - I use my normal voice but it soundsa bit trembly and I also sound as if I'm confused. However, I think you'd have to know about drugs and be suspicious of my using them to assume that was the problem. Enough meth will chill me into a temporary state where I feel exhausted.
Yo me to this same thing happens to me I’m happy I’m not alone. I’ll be at work and everyone knows that somthing is up so I get really self conscious and make it worse. Meth in general makes me chill I have ADHD too. I shoot ALOT because I enjoy the rush. I eventually start getting to the point where I feel like I’ve done enough and I don’t want my heart to explode. And because I have ADHD the drug makes me feel normal so I feel like I’m not really that high so I do more and more. Till the point when I go to work and I’m starting to come down I’m so exhausted that it’s noticeable my back hurts I can’t stand up too fast because I grab on to somthing and feel like I’m about to faint. For some od reason all my senses are enhance during my comedown too audio and smell atleast. Vision definitely the opposite. I wish I could control myself on my come down. Never been to work high so I’d wonder if they noticed that. I’d be nervous about my pupils

Yo me to this same thing happens to me I’m happy I’m not alone. I’ll be at work and everyone knows that somthing is up so I get really self conscious and make it worse. Meth in general makes me chill I have ADHD too. I shoot ALOT because I enjoy the rush. I eventually start getting to the point where I feel like I’ve done enough and I don’t want my heart to explode. And because I have ADHD the drug makes me feel normal so I feel like I’m not really that high so I do more and more. Till the point when I go to work and I’m starting to come down I’m so exhausted that it’s noticeable my back hurts I can’t stand up too fast because I grab on to somthing and feel like I’m about to faint. For some od reason all my senses are enhance during my comedown too audio and smell atleast. Vision definitely the opposite. I wish I could control myself on my come down. Never been to work high so I’d wonder if they noticed that. I’d be nervous about my pupils
Amphetamines comedown are terrible. Just because it's a state of real depression, and one can simply takes it as very very real. The comedown that ruined my vyvanse script, as sometimes I got irritable and had problems with my parents. Anyway that's was a long long time ago, I was only 22 and today I am much more self controlled. On amph/meth comedowns I almost never used to redose to bypass depression, as all that I wanted was to chill out. With coke that changes, I just want more and more and never get satisfied as the first blow. I got to the point of IV cocaine because I had the best coke you can imagine, than came my fall into hell over again. But now I am fine gonna study and know amphetamines are better for it and want to be put back on vyvanse. Well I think we just need to have self-control and use this substances for improvement and overall benefits.