• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can you tell if it’s real meth by tasting it?

Tastes fucking horrible and it really lingers on your tongue. However, I can’t really explain it by comparing it to something else. It’s kinda unique.

It does have a distinctive taste but how is that info useful to you? Taste is pretty difficult to explain and kinda subjective too, plus even good meth contains impurities which can alter the taste in different ways. Also different chemicals can have a similar taste.

So no, taste isn't a reliable way to identify meth. I you want to be sure just get a test kit.
Otherwise you can try to run different "home-made tests" to get an idea (this is not 100% accurate) if it's real or not. Such as:
- Seeing how it vaporizes on foil (without inhaling)
- The bleach test
- Acetone wash (meth is insoluble in dry acetone)

I had a feeling and yes it tasted unpleasant distinctive distinctive.

It does have a distinctive taste but how is that info useful to you? Taste is pretty difficult to explain and kinda subjective too, plus even good meth contains impurities which can alter the taste in different ways. Also different chemicals can have a similar taste.

So no, taste isn't a reliable way to identify meth. I you want to be sure just get a test kit.
Otherwise you can try to run different "home-made tests" to get an idea (this is not 100% accurate) if it's real or not. Such as:
- Seeing how it vaporizes on foil (without inhaling)
- The bleach test
- Acetone wash (meth is insoluble in dry acetone)
It’s interesting how many times I’ve tested meth with a positive result but the chemical taste from shooting it has been quite different. I’ve always wondered if that means that taste is the impurities not the meth.