• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Can you take low dose suboxone and kratom together? And lol - this website states that kratom is stronger than suboxone 🤣

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter

A scroll down…and they said subs only act on the MU receptor lmao.i thought it acted o. Others as well which is why it has a antidepressant type mechanism as well?

Edit: I was looking for information on taking low dose subs and kratom at same time. I know it seems counterintuitive but perhaps if I have enough free receptors open they will potentiate each other or am I off base in this thinking?

The comparison was brought up in another thread from the other day. Most people who have done both agree bupe is stronger, one person insists that's just their 'anecdotal opinion' and that kratom is stronger.

The whole argument is contingent on a vaguely defined meaning of "potency".

I think it's pretty obvious that, concerning a drug effect via specifically targeting the mu opioid receptor, bupe is obviously significantly stronger. Requires significantly less dose than kratom alkaloids, lasts literally 10x longer than kratom alkaloids, and is also more efficacious at stimulating MOR.

However kratom effects more receptors, and does provide euphoric effects that bupe does not. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's stronger... and those effects only last an hour or two....

If you gave someone who was on bupe some kratom, they're not going to feel much. Bupe blows it out of the water. It's simply the stronger drug, but is more limited in its action.

But this argument is entirely semantical and based on loose definitions of potency. If we define potency as which provides a stronger effect on mu opioid receptors with the least amount possible, bupe wins clearly... and I'm pretty sure that is the pharmacologically accepted meaning of the word "potency".

The comparison was brought up in another thread from the other day. Most people who have done both agree bupe is stronger, one person insists that's just their 'anecdotal opinion' and that kratom is stronger.

The whole argument is contingent on a vaguely defined meaning of "potency".

I think it's pretty obvious that, concerning a drug effect via specifically targeting the mu opioid receptor, bupe is obviously significantly stronger. Requires significantly less dose than kratom alkaloids, lasts literally 10x longer than kratom alkaloids, and is also more efficacious at stimulating MOR.

However kratom effects more receptors, and does provide euphoric effects that bupe does not. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's stronger... and those effects only last an hour or two....

If you gave someone who was on bupe some kratom, they're not going to feel much. Bupe blows it out of the water. It's simply the stronger drug, but is more limited in its action.

But this argument is entirely semantical and based on loose definitions of potency. If we define potency as which provides a stronger effect on mu opioid receptors with the least amount possible, bupe wins clearly... and I'm pretty sure that is the pharmacologically accepted meaning of the word "potency".
I see your point. Well I have taken th both the same day before and didn t get PW and I only was taking 2mg tho.

Today I took 12 grams really good quality kratom. Best I’ve had. And 2mg subs. Just took them both 30 minutes ago so we will see. Definitely feeling something good.I am guessing that my recotors won’t be all occupied and it may synergize but I’m unsure because something about the delta muting the MU receptor if kratom is taken in high doses but idk if that is true. Someone told me that on Reddit.

Surprisingly it seems to work synergistically..but I know that’s not all that surprising it’s just I did t expect it to feel more like a traditional opioid…

Don’t get me wrong it’s not like some really pure heroin. Honestly I’m thankful heroin isn’t around my city anymore. Th is ugh rest in peace those that fell due to what replaced it. Rest in peace my friends…

I hate to say that I’m glad it’s not around anymore but I’m not saying that I’m glad fent replaced it. Just heroin was so addictive to me…I would have a very hard time and I can function on H so mana so glad it’s gone.

I have taken the two together and felt nothing. Felt like I was still on the bupe alone.

And as for the camp on which is stronger. Sorry but bupe all the way.