• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you snort Dopamine HCL powder ?

Nope. It won't cross the blood barrier in significant amounts and would have a very short half-life.

Yes, dimethocaine is a drug with stimulant effects.

So did the term "dope" as slang for basically all psychoactive substances come from 'dopamine'?

^^It more likely came from the version of "dope" meaning idiot.

But please don't go snorting shit without reading up on it first. There's probably a very good reason that dimethocaine has been around since the 1930's but hasn't been specifically made illegal by very many countries.

Dimethocaine is believed to have all the same dangers as cocaine, tread lightly and start your doses low.

Edit: After a little research i'm surprised by how little info and experiences there are on dimethocaine, it must be difficult/expensive to make.

Last edited:
^^It more likely came from the version of "dope" meaning idiot.

But please don't go snorting shit without reading up on it first. There's probably a very good reason that dimethocaine has been around since the 1930's but hasn't been specifically made illegal by very many countries.

Dimethocaine is believed to have all the same dangers as cocaine, tread lightly and start your doses low.
Right, but I believe as a noun, 'dope', was originally synonymous with drug users.
Chicken or the egg type thing 🤔

So did the term "dope" as slang for basically all psychoactive substances come from 'dopamine'?

I wonder if it's similar to endorphins is short for endogenous morphine.

Edit: I just checked it's etymology as I was curious, and there seems to be some debate that dope was used for opium in 1886 prior to discovering dopamine. Coincidence that dope fiend just wound up being similar to dopamine?

Last edited:
I didn't know the word endorphin came from endogenous morphine, that's pretty cool.

I was reading and it looks like dope started as a word for soup or sauce, it was adapted for use against opium users due to liquid opium preparations that were smoked. Apparently it was used as a synonym for moron around the same time.

Last edited:
I believe it did, yes.

Similar to endorphins is short for endogenous morphine.
I was reading and it looks like dope started as a word for soup or sauce, it was adapted for use against opium smokers because of the puddle of melted opium that forms when smoking it. Apparently it was used as a synonym for moron around the same time.
The word "dope" was applied to opium as early as 1889, whereas the name "dopamine" was not coined until 1952. The similarity is a coincidence.

We're venturing into uncharted territory here, folks. This is getting deep.
If we keep digging, we might not like what we find.

Yeah but you'd rather regret something you've done rather than something you didn't right?

I didn't know the word endorphin came from endogenous morphine, that's pretty cool.

I was reading and it looks like dope started as a word for soup or sauce, it was adapted for use against opium users due to liquid opium preparations that were smoked. Apparently it was used as a synonym for moron around the same time.

Yeah: endogenous morphine