• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Can you sense other drug users?

JessFR

Bluelight Crew
Supposedly a lot of gay people can sense when other people are gay, even when it's otherwise not obvious at all to the straight people around them.

Anyone here feel like they have a similar sense for spotting other drug users? Or perhaps just other users of your particular drug of choice?

I often feel like I can tell that someone's a drug user even if I can't quite put my finger on why. Something about their attitude, how they think, their personality, behaviors, etc.

Obviously most of the time I can't verify it, but over the years I've made quite a few friends because I got to know them after intuitively feeling like we had this in common.

Dunno, what does everyone else think?

Last edited:
I can def tell what type of a drug a person is on i have been around too many users for a long time. I can dead eye tell straight if somebody has started to use meth.

Yes. After you spend enough time in the dope game its not difficult to identify the type, I would says it is a developed intuition. There have been many times I can tell a user immediately upon meeting and sometimes even before ever speaking to them. Im not talking about strung out, sore covered fiends either. Its the way they carry themselves.

But, I have great gay-dar too and I'm straight.

Maybe I just like junkies and queers.

Yes. After you spend enough time in the dope game its not difficult to identify the type, I would says it is a developed intuition. There have been many times I can tell a user immediately upon meeting and sometimes even before ever speaking to them. Im not talking about strung out, sore covered fiends either. Its the way they carry themselves.

Yeah exactly. That's exactly the kinda thing I'm talking about.

I can't quite describe what it is that gives me the sense that someone's a user. It's like it's both really subtle yet also really noticeable.

This came up cause I was out for a walk and briefly spoke to this guy, and I couldn't tell you why but just everything about him had my mind thinking that he's a user, even if I can't articulate almost anything specific as to why.

Last edited:
LGBT should be the fair term, here. And yes, we can sense others. Nail-polishers smell, sometimes ( crack/heroin/meth/angel dust). Then we have the obvious typical pattern, behaviour, what they say or how they say it. But it doesn't always go right. People who are under the influence, most of them have self-control. Now I wouldn't associate the LGBT community, you don't need examples. You just need to ask this question, nothing more. Hope you got what you looking for. I mean, don't over-think. Don't harm yourself, you know.

I'm not actually talking about LGBT people at all. I just assume that this intuition is similar to how some people feel they can sense other gay people.

Not being gay I'm not really in a position to know. :p

Yeah, after all my years of being and dealing with dopers, I can go to any given city and cold cop without much effort.

There is a certain type of depravity and need that emanates from users and sellers of hard drugs. Furthermore, users of psychedelics and cannabis tend to wear it on their sleeves...

The idea that you are talking about has definitely been scientically studied and verified. Humans use huge amounts of nonverbal social cues and much of the time it's isnt a conscience thought process. Basically ours brains are doing the work and we don't even realize that we are building mental constructs that will directly effect how and with whom we interact.

The unconscious brain is amazing and is constantly processing an unbelievable amount of information in our environment.

I would say your intuition was likely right in that case. Even though you dont "know" why you felt that way, there was a reason. Your brains autopilot was giving you the silent heads up.

I just assume most people are drug users of one form or another.

As far as if someone is a user of illegal drugs, it depends. A lot of those people can be picked out by any asshole on the street, you don't need to have the junkie 6th sense to pick out a lot of em. But if someone is a recreational user or just particularly good at controlling their use, it can be more subtle. IME there are definitely certain personality types that are more likely to be open to the idea of experimenting with drugs.

In my case, I wouldn't say that my ability to spot such people is perfect, only that I can make an educated guess based on people I've known in the past and how they've acted/appeared.

I know exactly what you mean, Jess. I've found other drug users intuitively like that many times.

I just assume most people are drug users of one form or another.

As far as if someone is a user of illegal drugs, it depends. A lot of those people can be picked out by any asshole on the street, you don't need to have the junkie 6th sense to pick out a lot of em. But if someone is a recreational user or just particularly good at controlling their use, it can be more subtle. IME there are definitely certain personality types that are more likely to be open to the idea of experimenting with drugs.

In my case, I wouldn't say that my ability to spot such people is perfect, only that I can make an educated guess based on people I've known in the past and how they've acted/appeared.

Yeah I'm not talking about obvious stuff most people would notice. I think if you know why you suspect someone's a user, then that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about sensing it even when you can't figure out what's causing it. Intuition.

No doubt something they're doing is causing the brain to work it out, I'm just talking about when it's subtle enough that you feel certain someone's a user, even if there's nothing you could point to if someone asked how you knew.

That kinda sense.

Absolutely!!!

I am giving a shoutout to “shoreline” in Hawaii!
Thank you for saving my ass when on vacation and out of drugs on your beautiful island!
ALOHA!!

Not really. Unless they are blatant about it I dint assume anything about anyone. I First started meth IV at age 14. Was on and off it but usually just got on one night and then leave it for months and months. Occasionally I’d go on little hinges but didd sad be use much. When I was 19 went on a heavy meth bender for 8 months. Everyone could tell I was on it was a tweaker. Been on about 4 benders max a month for the past 12 years, with breaks in them. Then don’t we die a year or two and randomly have 1 night. Most people I hang around with are straight af never used in their life so they don’t have a radar for me. Most people who are on it call tell eith me. No one picks me for an IV user though. I tell people though. I won’t flaunt it n ltheie face. I’ve also done pretty much all other drugs except for hallucinating.

Hmm, yes, but mostly stimulant users because of their behavior... Alcoholics okay, there is not too much too say... Opiate-people because of their pupils or because of the reason they are wearing sunglasses in deep winter during the night when it snows - inside a bar :LOL: Cocaine users: depends on how much they take - but if their nose is always rinning and they run to the toilet every 15 minutes I know what's going on......

But I don't know if I'm right, these are just guessings

JJ