• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can You Remember What Things Looked Like or Your Thought Process Before Tripping Now?

ParappaTheRapper

Ex-Bluelighter
Im thinking back to the first time I tried LSD. Everything looked totally different and so was my outlook.

Now years down the line I cant even remember how things seemed before. The current seems normal.

Anybody else feel this way?

Well that's the point of life isn't it? As you learn and experQience your outlook changes.
Can you remember what it was like before you wanted/had sex?

Psychedelics definitely have helped form some of my world view as well as my outlook on love, but so have a lot of other things in my life i.e falling in love, graduating college, buying a home ect.

I cant even rememebr how I thought five years ago!

but, there no point, the less you think in life, the better you are! dont think about the past, focus on right now and what and how you can improve yourself

Well i wasn't really applying a positive or negative connotation in the question, murphythecat.

I'm just wondering if people can remember. I sure as hell can't.

OK, it's like this:
When I'm tripping on a psychedelic or when I eat/smoke/vape some herb it's like I'm tripping, and I'm in the sort of mind state that a psychedelic drug can give you.

When I'm sober I am not on any psychedelics, and I'm sober and not tripping or on drugs.

The first time I took LSD was decades ago, and I've changed a lot over the decades as people do when they get older. I still do trip and smoke herb but not nearly as frequently as I did decades ago, and sometimes I'll go years without having a psychedelic experience as life gets in the way and you get very busy.

oh, I guess LSD hit us both differently then.

I remember that phrase "you're either on the bus or off the bus" being my running motto. That and the importance of individuality and expression.

I think I may understand what you mean.. For me, it hasn't been psychedelic use that had changed my outlook either. Like most here have said, I've had my influential events impact my perspective and personality over the years. However, I actually can remember a specific instance in which hallucinogens changed me drastically and permanently.

I'd already been experimenting with entheogens for years when I discovered the research chemical scene. So, after fucking around with the 2c- phenethylamines for a few months, I sourced my first batch of MXE (as well as assorted substituted tryptamines to play with). When the post arrived, I decided to go all out and bender immediately.

Over the course of the next few days I ingested around three quarters of my MXE gram, along with what totalled about 160mg of 4-HO-MET and 140mg of 4-HO-MiPT. The entire thing was unreal.

There were old lizards in swamps, and cowboy scenes at dusty railyards, and Heaven's Gate's Marshall Applewhite was everywhere, aliens and occult throughout, chaos magic rituals, SRA, and way too much else, it was weird.

At the end of it all, my local news broadcasters were directing me on my holy agenda towards mass destruction.

Afterwards, I couldn't understand anything anyone said properly for weeks, maybe longer. It was as if the ambiguity of language and meaning was all out of whack. I know now it's called ideas of reference, but at the time all I knew was that I had broken reality. Everything said to me was laced with hidden malice or accusation, like the people in my life have been replaced by clay caricatures only to be animated and used by the Pattern.

It's still like that at times, though now I can decipher everyday chit chat. But yeah, I was nearly institutionalized, I became almost entirely socially isolated, I got into much legal trouble, and nothing has been the same since. And that was three years ago!

Anyway, I just thought I'd share because, the way you phrased the thread title, I explain it like that sometimes. It's like, nothing is physically different. I'm not hallucinating or even having symptoms of HPPD or derealization or whatever. But everything has been drastically altered nonetheless.

think back six years ago.
where did you work
or
where did you go to school?
think back on one morning in particular when you arrived and ...

what?

anything?

memory comes in fragments, and then you reconstruct more of it, and if you give it a chance and use you power of concentration (murphythe cat you know it dhyani...), then it will ramify out and reconstruct a scene, and or a sequence, - a sound here or action there - a whole scenario can play out.

reconstructive memory requires some effort.

some potheads have difficulty providing necessary effort to remember things.

On the other hand, there are psychedelic experiences that become inaccessible to normal consciousness and this is much more interesting than lazy minded amnesia (or pot induced lazy minded amnesia).

Many psychedelic experiences involve a shifted time base and a shifted sense of cartesian space altogether, things that can and do occur in that space time continuum become inaccessible in normal consciousness because they have no correlates and seem too different; BUT when you get stoned again, it is like coming home, and you remember all sorts of stuff that you knew before about that other world.

This is a fascinating thing to me this altered consciousness which is so familiar and so strange which comes into focus when stoned and is far away when ordinary mind resumes.

Hey, that's an interesting thought.. that, in psychedlia, your mind recovers information inaccessible to the sober self. That's like my Salvia trip.

Every trip is different thematically, but also, every single trip, I have a conscious process that is consistent. Like, I'll feel as if the trip is picking up right where I left off. Pretty unsettling, but I love Salvia because it's so far removed.

I cannot. But when I think about it, they way I see things and the way I think have been constantly evolving many years prior to when I began taking psychedelics, I think psychedelics simply speed up the process temporarily (both during the experience and the weeks/months after).