Can you permantely ruin your opiate/opiod tolerance?

Maddness99

Greenlighter
I have been taking fentayl or some sort of analog which basically destroys your tolerance for any other opiate when takan for just a few months. My habits were 40 100mcgs per day - they were fentayl blotters, so I am not sure the dosage was real. I could take 20 at one time.

I was wondering if my tolerance for opiates will remain so high for years. I have read it takes years for the "extra" receptors to stop needing their fix, so to speak. Other sources say it is forever at the same "high" tolerance, which is hard to believe bc of all the ODing.

I was wondering how other ppl felt after their addictions caused their tolerances to raise so high they were forever ruined, or if they heal,(and time frames would be great).

I think you can heal. But I think it takes many years, even decades perhaps. But if nothing else it is probably possible to experience a permanent overall increased tolerance.

I know being on suboxone for 2 years permanently changed me. Now 3 years later, opiates are much less euphoric, I am much more prone to nausea, and instead of nodding I just fall asleep and wake up an hour later.

But I guess it's good it take away some positive effects. On methadone and have tapered from 120mg/day to 45mg/day. Only took a year 8)

I have felt a similar feeling after coming off subs...I too wonder the same thing OP. I suppose you just have to wait and see...has anyone else experienced this after subs?

How does having a high tolerance to fent, methadone, heroin work when it comes to surgeries and such?

I'm pretty sure you'll need to communicate that you have a tolerance to opiate and you're not opiate naive to get the right doses that you would need for pain.