• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Can you OD or die from mixing buprenorphine and diphenhydramine?

Required666

Greenlighter
Basically all I want to know is if one could die from mixing half a subutex and 2 diphenhydramine pills (sleep aid, also used in Benadryl).
Person says subs keep them awake and took 2 sleeping pills (recommended dose) to help them fall asleep but they are still unable to sleep and their breathing has become noticeably more shallow.
Thank you!

Everyone is different. How long have you been on the bupe? What’s your tolerance like?
It was not insane doses so I think you will be fine. But mixing downers is dangerous. Get some fresh air and take deep breaths. Try not to freak yourself out. But also don’t be afraid to go to the ER if you really think you need to.
IMO you should be fine.

Thank you for your response!
Only been on the bupe for like 2 months (I don’t even know why I started doing it, I’ve been clean from opiates and all drugs for over 3 years, stupid) but I’ve increased my dosage from a quarter a day (which was too much and making me puke) to half a day or more as my tolerance has quickly built up. I want to stop doing them but now I’m terrified of going through withdrawal again and I’m a single parent + full-time senior in college and don’t have time to lay around and detox.
Not trying to veer too far off topic but do you have any suggestions getting off of them completely? I quit opiates before cold turkey (which was brutal) but my circumstances were much different then. I am miserable on these things and don’t even know why I’m doing them, ugh. The self-destructive mentality of an addict...