• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Can you get addicted to VERY small amounts of benzedrex?

regular benzedrex usage can become a habit, i don't know how likely that really is though

Earlier this year I used enough benzedrex daily to fill 2-3 garbage bags full of empty containers at once. I was using 1-3 cottons per day, however extracting and/or eating 1-2 per dose.

Didn't notice much out of the ordinary other than it's effects becoming imperceivable, i personally don't think it will have any withdrawal effects at the dosages you've mentioned.

Why would even inquire about swallowing the cotton if you aren't interested in abusing it recreationally? Also, if you're so sure that you're using small, harmless doses, why would you bounce the idea off of us? And if you feel like you need a decongestant but don't want to become dependent on it, switch to one without propylhexedrine as the active ingredient.

Addiction is less based on objective factors, and more on subjective experience.

Eight cups of coffee is a whole lot of coffee. I wouldn't be surprised if you're self-medicating for something.

Why would even inquire about swallowing the cotton if you aren't interested in abusing it recreationally? Also, if you're so sure that you're using small, harmless doses, why would you bounce the idea off of us? And if you feel like you need a decongestant but don't want to become dependent on it, switch to one without propylhexedrine as the active ingredient.

Addiction is less based on objective factors, and more on subjective experience.

Eight cups of coffee is a whole lot of coffee. I wouldn't be surprised if you're self-medicating for something.

I can't believe people are still keeping this thread going lol...I got the answer I suspected, that it is HIGHLY unlikely to get addicted to using a few sniffs of the stuff daily, and I am generally satisfied with that answer.

I don't use it as a decongestant, but rather as a slight stimulant boost that most probably wouldn't even notice based on the answers I am getting so I must be super sensitive to it.

I inquired about swallowing cottons because I like stimulants and most drugs in general and have a natural curiosity towards them BUT I tend to doubt I'd swallow one mostly because it sounds dangerous to me.

If I was CONVINCED it WASN'T dangerous and I felt I wanted to?

Sure, I MIGHT try it...is there something wrong with curiosity regarding drugs??

I was NOT sure that it was harmless BEFORE I asked the question, so that's why I asked, but a few people in this thread seemed pretty sure that using the minute amounts I am using was harmless, so I decided I agreed with them and really tried to let the thread go but people here seem not to want to LOL.

Yes, I know 8 cups of coffee is a lot and I've suspected I might be self medicating but I really don't know what for and have no confirmation it's the case despite asking a few therapists and doctors.

Do you have any theories for what I might be self medicating for??

I've been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Non Verbal Learning Disability, mild OCD and mild Depression with ADHD being a POSSIBLE diagnosis that doctors can't agree on.

So yeah...I've got PLENTY of things to self medicate for hahaha.

I'm trying to cut down again, and I'm not giving up on it, but despite people with SERIOUS drug addictions thinking caffienism is a joke, it's not to me.

Or...you got the answer you wanted to hear. Unfortunately you don't have the privilege of closing threads whenever you want to. And the information on this forum is largely for others in a similar position as the OP.

People who use drugs a lot tend not to notice such things.

Do you have a natural curiosity regarding the apparently hypothetical possibility of someone who drinks eight cups of coffee a day, as you do, ingesting the cotton? How did this curiosity turn into "I might try it"? Curiosity is one thing, taking 250mg of propylhexedrine and eight cups of coffee is another.

Again, the amount of substance ingested while taken as directed for a legitimate health condition is safe, but you're clearly pondering taking the whole cotton at once.

As I stated earlier, this thread isn't your baby. It's been created with the understanding that you care enough about other people to let them in on harm reduction information.

Anxiety and gigantic amounts of caffeine and gigantic amounts of propylhexedrine does not turn out well.

Or...you got the answer you wanted to hear. Unfortunately you don't have the privilege of closing threads whenever you want to. And the information on this forum is largely for others in a similar position as the OP.

People who use drugs a lot tend not to notice such things.

Do you have a natural curiosity regarding the apparently hypothetical possibility of someone who drinks eight cups of coffee a day, as you do, ingesting the cotton? How did this curiosity turn into "I might try it"? Curiosity is one thing, taking 250mg of propylhexedrine and eight cups of coffee is another.

Again, the amount of substance ingested while taken as directed for a legitimate health condition is safe, but you're clearly pondering taking the whole cotton at once.

As I stated earlier, this thread isn't your baby. It's been created with the understanding that you care enough about other people to let them in on harm reduction information.

Anxiety and gigantic amounts of caffeine and gigantic amounts of propylhexedrine does not turn out well.

I think you are assuming a certain tone from me that I'm not speaking with, or assuming some kind of overly negative vibe from me.

First of all, I don't think this thread is "my baby" but people kept talking to me about something beyond the point at which I cared to talk about it so if they want to talk to EACHOTHER that's fine but it just felt like I continued to get answers from a thread I think I posted 2 months ago I'd forgotten existed so I found it kind of silly is all.

I DO know that threads exist for likeminded people but up until the last couple posts MOST were directed at me after I thought I'd clarified I was no longer concerned.

Did I probably get the answer I wanted??

Yes.

Do I also think it's probably the RIGHT answer??

Yes I think it probably is based on a few posters pointing out how INCREDIBLY small an amount of stimulant is in 16 sniffs of one of these inhalers (which is my usual dose when I use it...8 sniffs per nostril only once per every 2 hours).

I NEVER tried to close the thread, I was basically expressing that now it seems like an unimportant thread I posted where people keep posting responses to me when I'm kind of satisfied with the answers I got.

And like I said, I do NOT think it would be safe for someone like me to ingest a cotton, and yes, I think it's more dangerous because of my caffeine consumption and I basically said as much (well not the part about the caffeine consumption making it more unsafe, but I said I didn't feel it would be safe for me to use it...and that was the biggest reason why).

So why is it wrong that I expressed curiosity about it while still saying I didn't think I'd ever do it??

I've expressed curiosity towards Daturas like Belladonna and asked questions about it but I'd NEVER even DREAM of taking it, especially since I am on SSRIs.

Trust me, I am WELL aware that anxiety, caffeine and stimulants don't mix, but I appreciate this comment since I assume you took my wellbeing into account when you said it.

So basically, I don't think the thread is "mine", and I'm not unaware that other people have needs, but I just find the thread to be about a subject that seems to be unimportant at this point considering the EXTREMELY minute doses I've been using to the point where now I see no point in having made it but others are free to use it as they want, and I feel that you are giving me an attitude that isn't really necessary based on something I'm not quite picking up on.

It's possible to have harmless curiosity and also to feel that a thread I created was unnecessary for myself in retrospect...which are basically the only thoughts I expressed here.

I don't really see what you are concerned about regarding this anymore...but thanks for the concern anyways.

Now if people just want to make this a general benzadrex thread then have at it guys, I never had an issue with that.

Last edited: