• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you enhance methadone?

BrokenLover

Greenlighter
So, this is my first post here on BL, however I have been a lurker here for YEARS. I have found so much great information here, so thank you for that. Anyway, I want apologise for anything that isn't allowed. Please feel free to move my post or edit it if needed. Also, I have used the search engine many times, even wording my questions to try to yield different results. I've not had any luck so I want to ask my specific question.

Since I'm new, let me give you a quick run down of my background and why I'm here. Sorry of it's too long, I will keep it as short as possible. If I leave anything out please feel free to tell me or ask me any questions.

About 5 years ago, I relapsed into a heroin addiction. It started with pills, but when they ran dry and the sickness hit, we all know what happens next.. That's right! The big H.
I started with only a few stamps a day (which now I know they were laced with fetanyl, proven through drug tests) and it grew to being AT LEAST a bun a day by the end of the run. If I HAD to, I could survive on 6 or 7, but that was JUST surviving. I was married to that addiction for five years, until a nice 3 day hospital stay for detox was the final straw.
On this day, I am one year clean with the help of methadone. I attend a clinic every day, I don't get take homes because I smoke grass and in my clinic, that prevents you from getting take homes. I started at 30mg, just like the rest. I worked my way up to 90 and I felt great at 90. I had a decent high all day long, esp with a little bit of Klonopin on top. That stuff, though, was just a bonus of it all. However, I feel 90mg was my magical number where I had close no cravings. Rarely at all and when I did have them it was just a tiny little thought that didn't matter. I didn't ever wake up in with anxiety or depression. It seems almost every day now, I do wake up that way and the cravings seems to be getting worse and longer. The clinic took me down to 50mg about 5 months ago due to my benzo usage. Since then, I obviously don't get those same good feelings... Egg with the benzo o top (increasing that disagree to to compensate) I thought about asking for an increase, but I just got a new counselor since mine left, that may or may not work in my favor. But I'm also thinking since I've been on 50mg so long, they won't see need for me to go back up, as im stable on this dose and for so long. I do still wake up in the morning with anxiety, aches and pains, and depression. It all goes away when I get my dose.

Sorry for rambling a bit, but I know detail in backstory for you guys is important.

Anyway, what I was wanting to know more about combing benzo with methadone. Before you reply though know these things:
1. Yes, I am highly aware of the CNS depression danger.
2. Yes, I have a tolerance to both substances in question -- really high tolerance for opiates (addicted to h (IV)back in 2010, run lasted a year, year and a half. Spent two years clean, and then relapsed, a year on the needle, hard to give amount since it was pure rock form back then, began relapse in 2013 when I broke my foot, spent 6 months on 5/325 lortab, and the rest of the five years on h... At least 4 bags a day and worked up to a bun or day, insufflated). I would always have Suboxone, Klonopin and weed on hand, personal reasons. Sorry for rambles.

Anyways, my question is how do I go about using Klonopin to enhance the effects of the methadone more. I want that classic euphoria we all long for, or at least a mild one would suffice. I've heard taking benzo with methadone is great for this The health risks, which I'm aware of. Also, I know what works for some may not with others.

Again I apologise that this is so long, please delete if not allowed. Move it or edit if necessary.

I have read about benzo Potentiating methadone as well as other opiates.
-Does this mean it makes the mefs stronger or just last longer in your system?
-Is it a myth or true?
-What would be proper timing to achieve the effect I'm wanting (stronger effect and euphoria from methadone) - ex: before or after the methadone, how long before/after

Right now I am taking 1mg clonzepam with 50mg methadone. I take the Pam right before I walk in the clinic or right after I walk out, as I read taking them together is better they'll hit you at the same time since they both peak in about an hour after ingestion. I also heard taking one before the other has better effects.

Any advice or help? I think what I'm more looking for is synergy rather than potentiating. I want the methadone to just seem stronger. It does feel pretty damn good with the mixture I got going now with a little weed and a beer or two of some light 5/6% alc. Volume mixed in later after dinner.

If I could achieve how i felt on that 90 again, that would be great!

Also, yes I've tried tagamet. It doesn't do it for me. Thanks all!!! Happy stoning!!!

As with all opiates, once you've become tolerant to a certain dose, the only way to get the same buzz is to take more. Dropping from 90mg to 50mg is a significant reduction so it's no wonder you're feeling a bit dodgy. Throwing benzos into the mix may help to mask some of the withdrawal symptoms, but doesn't actually potentiate the methadone. Clonazepam has a comparatively short half life so the masking effect will wear off leaving you to suffer the effects of the reduction from the methadone. This leads to the temptation to use more benzos and alcohol to get you where you want to be. This doesn't work - it'll just fuck you up big style.

My advice, for what it's worth, would be to try and come to some arrangement with your methadone clinic whereby you eventually cut out the benzos while increasing your methadone dose. Once stabilised you can work on SLOWLY reducing your methadone at a rate which is comfortable. For me it was 2mg per month. If you try and rush it you will relapse.

It's a long process, but worth it in the end.

Good luck mate!

Thank you so much for some good solid advice. However, I believe you mean Xanax has a short half life, bc clonzepam half life is like twelve hours or something crazy. So yeah I think I'll talk to them at the clinic about it.

I guess I can't blame them, but they think every person who walks in there isn't looking to better themselves(which I feel is the proper way to look at people like us) they just think we want to get high. So when you want an increase you have to try to prove to your counselor somehow that you need it and you don't just want to be fucked up. I also felt like bringing it up to my counselor and tell then my benzo usage got worse since the taper. But my clinic doesn't allow benzo to be in your system at all, not even if you have a script for it. They can actually take you out of the program if you don't stop.

When I was on 90 I barely touched a benzo. I was usually able to tell the day or around what day my UA would be given so I usually passed. Then it got harder to tell.

I understand tapering the methadone for health reasons, but it kind of makes my situation worse. Maybe I needed a raise again not a Decrease

So basically then there's no way the mixture of done and pam can give me what I've been looking for? Which is basically to be rocked off with my clothes off in front of my TV?!?! Lmao

The way i have always tapered off 'done is to make sure i have not taken any for at least 2 weeks minimum just taking heroin, then I start on 60mg first morning with another 60mg that night. Then the following day drop 5mg , doing the same till I'm down to 5mg then 2.5mg, 1.25 , 1mg and stop. You may feel a bit iffy for a few days - benzos help. But due to long 1/2 life it normally works. GL

Ok, OP doesn’t want off. He wants a higher dose; and a Dr.s note that you require Benzodiazepines would suffix, they just may limit the dose

For You, P450 inhibitors, especially 3A4 and 1A2(?) are your friends

The RX ones are potent?”, yet hard to get and tend to have side effects. And honestly, nothing is going to be more effective than a liter of grapefruit juice (white or mixed ( and 7-800mg cimetidine (maybe a gram the first day, 400-800mg per day after that, once or twice a week skip it)
Grapefruit juice is benign, so start with ~ a liter, then 20-30 oz per day, and once a week skip, and occasionally take half liter

Finally, antacids to up absorption and increase T1/2 - And remember, Benzodiazepines work through synergy, they do not directly alter the pharmacological parameters
- Be Careful, good luck, post back of needed, etc

Lorne

I've tried the grapefruit juice. I've tried the cimiditine. I think FUBAR is correct when he says the only way I can achieve what I wy to is to raise my dose.

I AM NOT TRYING TO GET OFF METHADONE.
I AM JUST TRYING TO FEEL IT MORE AND MAYBE GET SOME EUPHORIA FROM IT... Just to be clear.

It seems benzos always did just what I wanted, one mg of clonzepam taken right before or after my dose usually helps. But it doesn't seem to do as much now. Some day you can achieve a heroin lot high from the mix, though dangerous. What I'm trying to figure out of how to use these two things (clonzepam and methadone) to give me a better and stronger affect.

I assure you, didn't do itecorrectly

Uzing 3A4 inhibitors and an antacid makes 90 mg feel like 120~150mg, and it lasts A LOT longer

I need to make a thread/sticky explaining the doses.

If your that into benzos, raising your dose above 100 mg is simply pointless.

Oh and also DXM, 30-40mg, 1 gram of cimetidine to start, AT LEAST a liter of wgj (30-40 oz, I used to drink 50 and take cimietidine with 80-90mg, I was fucked up the next day

Seriously, you can't raise your dose because your unhappy about benzodiazepines

Sorry man, 90mg is already half a gram of oxycodone or morphine

I've read and searched and scouted the net for at least the last 8 months on how to do these things. Ideally, what I've learned, is some things work for some people and may not work for it people. Everyone is different. However, everyone seems to be doing the same when it comes to benzos, phenergran, and promethazine enhancing done.

I'm not interested in "tips" or "tricks" that /might/ work. I want solid medical evidence of YES IT WILL work.. Just like with the meds I mentioned before. They work for 90% of people bc they were chemically made that way...

Thank you so much for some good solid advice. However, I believe you mean Xanax has a short half life, bc clonzepam half life is like twelve hours or something crazy. So yeah I think I'll talk to them at the clinic about it.

I guess I can't blame them, but they think every person who walks in there isn't looking to better themselves(which I feel is the proper way to look at people like us) they just think we want to get high. So when you want an increase you have to try to prove to your counselor somehow that you need it and you don't just want to be fucked up. I also felt like bringing it up to my counselor and tell then my benzo usage got worse since the taper. But my clinic doesn't allow benzo to be in your system at all, not even if you have a script for it. They can actually take you out of the program if you don't stop.

When I was on 90 I barely touched a benzo. I was usually able to tell the day or around what day my UA would be given so I usually passed. Then it got harder to tell.

I understand tapering the methadone for health reasons, but it kind of makes my situation worse. Maybe I needed a raise again not a Decrease

So basically then there's no way the mixture of done and pam can give me what I've been looking for? Which is basically to be rocked off with my clothes off in front of my TV?!?! Lmao