• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

can you dry dilaudid-hp in the oven like ketamine?

hetzjagd

Bluelighter
I know this question will make a few folks cringe at the waste but I don't really want to shoot or plug this stuff nor do I know anyone I can trade it. The little ampule says 10mg/1ml hydromorphone hydrochloride. Can you do a method similar to what some folks do to turn liquid ketamine into a snortable powder by drying it out in the oven?

I'm guessing no because there is a lot of dilaudid discussion online but most everyone seems to be plugging/shooting the liquid and snorting or whatever with the pills. I looked but could only find passing reference to the possibility of drying out the injectable liquid

Plugging isn't that bad and I bet it would fuck you up more than snorting (if you could reduce it)

Drool... Why couldn't you dry it out? It's made for injection right? So there really shouldn't be any kind of dangerous binders. Hydromorphone can dissolve in very small amounts of saline. I would assume that it's essentially Hydromorphone and Saline .9% in solution, or something like that, but I really don't know. Does it say on the bottle what the contents are?

Why don't you just snort the liquid like you do with bth, I think it hits faster that way anways

If it's 10mg hydromorphone to 1mg solution and you have no tolerance don't take that much at once! Hospitals give 1mg of hydromorphone typically at a time and the first time I got that kinda dose was intense enough! Heat has a tendency to destroy opioids too which is why you don't cook it to IV it. Even in a low temp oven with that small amount I think you'll be wasting it. If you don't want to plug or IV it maybe transfer it to a nasal spray bottle. It's discreet and an easy way to dose small if you add it to the saline solution.

Drool... Why couldn't you dry it out? It's made for injection right? So there really shouldn't be any kind of dangerous binders. Hydromorphone can dissolve in very small amounts of saline. I would assume that it's essentially Hydromorphone and Saline .9% in solution, or something like that, but I really don't know. Does it say on the bottle what the contents are?

Thanks for replying - it certainly does!

Controlled Drug
Dilaudid-HP
10mg/1ml
Hydromorphone hydrochloride injection 1ml
I.M., I.V. or S.C.

Then some other stuff thats not important other than it expires some time in 2017

If it's 10mg hydromorphone to 1mg solution and you have no tolerance don't take that much at once! Hospitals give 1mg of hydromorphone typically at a time and the first time I got that kinda dose was intense enough!... If you don't want to plug or IV it maybe transfer it to a nasal spray bottle. It's discreet and an easy way to dose small if you add it to the saline solution.

That sounds reasonably easily obtainable and usable. Are you sure that will work though in terms of the solution being active nasally? Also how to dose with this method? Pour out all but a small amount of saline and add just an eyeballed single dose from the ampule?

Get a 1 ml syringe which should fit the whole ampule, but if you only want to take 1 MG just draw it up to the 10 which should be on the side of the barrel then you can snap off the needle and squirt up your nose

I can't recall what thread I saw it in here but it was one specific to dilaudid potentiation I think. It involved crushing pills and dissolving them in the saline bottle (just saline not other, active ingredients). You could most likely remove 1ml, add your 1ml ampule, shake then use. When dilaudid is insufflated as powder stretching small lines every 5-20 minutes yields results at a steady pace, better than all at once. Using liquid I would dose the same way, closer to the 20 minute mark because you're not used to the ROA. You can always use more not less. If you have an oral syringe or pull up and break off the needle of an injectable one then 0.1ml (or 10 units on an insulin syringe) is 1mg hydromorphone. You can use it directly to see how a normal dose of that size effects you then adjust accordingly. I've done it that way before with OK results (I preferred other ROAs). Be safe! Enjoy-those are not common in circulation outside of a hospital setting.

I can't recall what thread I saw it in here but it was one specific to dilaudid potentiation I think. It involved crushing pills and dissolving them in the saline bottle (just saline not other, active ingredients). You could most likely remove 1ml, add your 1ml ampule, shake then use. When dilaudid is insufflated as powder stretching small lines every 5-20 minutes yields results at a steady pace, better than all at once. Using liquid I would dose the same way, closer to the 20 minute mark because you're not used to the ROA. You can always use more not less. If you have an oral syringe or pull up and break off the needle of an injectable one then 0.1ml (or 10 units on an insulin syringe) is 1mg hydromorphone. You can use it directly to see how a normal dose of that size effects you then adjust accordingly. I've done it that way before with OK results (I preferred other ROAs). Be safe! Enjoy-those are not common in circulation outside of a hospital setting.

Ok sorry for the late bump but my test partner bailed on me last weekend so I have had to wait. I have since bought a little nasal use bottle of saline but I'm not sure I understand. The bottle is 30ml and the ampule is 1ml/10mg. You are saying to pour out 1ml of saline (approximate at best I'm guessing?) and pour the ampule into remaining 29ml of saline in the bottle. Won't that relatively water down the dilaudid? How many sprays might it take to get to 1mg insufflated? I know you can't answer answer that exactly but if I had to guess I would say a couple. So approximately a couple of sprays every 20 minutes until I feel 'there'?

Well seeing as it's only 10mg you are working with I would remove most of the saline. If I had no tolerance I would add it to the amount of saline I could use up in 3 days or less. So I'd suggest 3mls of saline or less.

10mg is a pretty heavy dose for someone that is opiate naive. Look you can dry out the bottle on a glass tray and scrape up the hydromorphone with a razor. This is what you are doing with the ketamine to make it snortable. Ketamine is just not particularly damaged by heat so you can speed up the process by heating it.