• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Can you develop a tolerance to DMT, or a specific batch?

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
This seems like it's been the case for me lately, like it's taking more from my vape pen to get far. I do take amitryptaline though and I believe this can dull the effects. I mistakenly took 2 tonight when I usually take 1, so I'm guessing that is likely why. I'll have to try during the day tomorrow since I take the ami only at night. I think they compete for the same receptors or something. But even then it feels like it's taken more to get crazy visuals with my normal ami dose. When I first got the pen I had some insane trips. So maybe I should stop ripping it for a few days to see if this is the case. Again I've heard that you can get a tolerance to a specific batch but at the same time I thought DMT tolerance wasn't a thing, like after an hour you can trip again.

Oral DMT is a bastard for tolerance - I needed 3-4 weeks to get back to baseline not like shrooms or acid

Yeah I'm just vaping it. Had a similar experience last night, could not get very far, although my pen started dying and that's probably got something to do with it. Fully charged and will rip it hard tonight.

Also, it's weird but for some reason whenever I'm typing now, I can see the letters like they're floating in water. I'd guess it's a form of HPPD but I don't get this in any other way, no visual snow or other distortions. Maybe this rippling effect has always been present and I simply never noticed it until I started using DMT on the reg because DMT makes a lot of things ripple in a similar fashion

Ok I just fucking annihlated. the low battery definitely had an impact. I'm still tripping but it's dying down. the visuals were fucking intense. and I don't know why but after a hard trip I feel like puke is in my throat. I don't know if that's just phlegm built up from how harsh the shit is, I don't feel nausea or anything, so I assume that's what it is

Hate to bump and old thread but I'm curious still. It seems my last few trips I've needed more each time and I haven't taken it since Monday. Maybe the potency in the pen differs throughout and is similar. The effects in general seem different than the first pen I got. I'm getting 2 more soon and wonder how that will go. I'm sure one night it will just slap the shit out of me though. I just know the first 2 trips I had on it were majorly intense, this one I just had was pretty strong. Sometimes I don't really get CEVs that strongly, but the OEVs are insane. That's how this one was, but I had incredible CEVs on previous trips. I don't think I prefer any particular one, seeing things morph and wobble through paisley patterns is fun.

You have to remember certain drugs can vary in intensity despite controlling for all factors, or at least trying to. I’ve had times where I’ve smoked stupid amounts of DMT look over to whoever and be like “welp not tonight.” Sometimes you just can’t gain access, best to just put it down and give a little break before trying again.

All psychedelics will gain tolerance in time. DMT seems less so to me but that could be due to it’s short duration. Diminishing returns is a problem with all drugs, psychedelics included.

-GC

I don't find DMT causes much if any tolerance, smoking, vaped, or oral. When I do oral sessions, I usually take time off, and do it every night for 4 nights in a row. If anything my trips get stronger with the same dose.

Vaping/smoking, maybe I notice slight decrease in sensitivity if I am doing multiple sessions very quickly, but even a half hour seems plenty of time for me to completely reset.

I've noticed with certain vape carts, yeah actually the strength has changed, however IME carts tend to get stronger as I go through them. I imagine this is due to difference in boiling points between DMT and the carrier liquid? And that one or the other gets concentrated over time?

But yeah minimal impact on tolerance for me.

It seemed to not last night either after about an hour. I think it's a matter of me holding back sometimes more than I expect or something. Either way on the 2nd trip I accidentally broke it while trying to take it off lol. I didn't even realize I was being that rough with it. It was low anyway and as long as I keep it attached I can get a few more trips out of it at least. My friend is making a new one for me tomorrow when I go to his place.

It does seem like it's taken more though the last few trips. Last nights was different because I was already on mushrooms. I noticed with the first few, open eye visuals weren't that prominent but the closed eye were insane. Last few it's been the opposite, the open eye visuals have been intense. My hand, although already gigantic became 10 times its normal size and looked so... wrong. That's when I went in for even more and realized I wasn't getting any further. During my 2nd trip I'd actually spaced out 3 5 second hits by about 1m30s. I'd only taken one to see if it'd rid of a bit of headache I had left, then I took another and realized I was tripping, and then another and was functionally tripping with visuals as if I'd eaten an 8th of shrooms.

I think for this pen it may've been the opposite, that it was more potent before it was burned down. But again I really don't know, when I did it every day for a month last summer, some nights it wasn't much, some nights it was a lot, or I wouldn't remember half of it, or I'd entirely black out. I seemed to do the same amount each time. Battery life of the pen does seem to matter to an extent though. I found a no press pen while digging around last night to use for my dab carts in the meantime and it's so smooth, I took massive clouds that I hardly even felt compared to the pressable one. Curious to see how it will be with DMT.