• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can you Clone Autoflower Varieties and Which Variety Has Packed a Punch

WorLdPeAcE

Greenlighter
I got an Extremely small space to start a grow vertically anyway. I got just over 2 ft and I know autoflowers are kinder to newbie growers as well as take less space, but the seeds aren't any cheaper so can you clone these plants as I understood cloning needed to take place in the veggie state.

Would there be a dwarf variety that might serve this situation better that packs a good punch? btw I'm very new here and I'll be on the look out for grow guides and what not if this has already been asked and you know where the thread is please post it here. Thanks for any help guys.

WP

Autoflowers are not conducive to cloning. Even if possible the clone, the clone would be the same age as the mom and therefore would still bloom within the same time period. Why not get regular auto flower seeds and breed your own. Or if you want to clone, use a non auto strain and grow in a Sea Of Green style.

Sea O Green will prob be the way to go. Someone had mentioned the autoflower to me to try but honestly if you got to buy that much seed to get a grow going and then buy each time, I guess I'm not seeing the real benefit to use the autoflower over the regular variety.

You need to find another space too, you can't grow anything in 2ft. I don't know how you manage to live somewhere so small, but your plants wont like it at all, it's not enough room for pots & lights.

You need to find another space too, you can't grow anything in 2ft. I don't know how you manage to live somewhere so small, but your plants wont like it at all, it's not enough room for pots & lights.

Def workin on that, thanks! It just happens to be the only free space in the house. I knew it was going to be difficult if it could be done at all.

Salutations WorLdPeAcE,

...got just over 2 ft...

I'll assume substrate is traditional solid... IMO an application this much restrictive would call for LST or similar reconfiguration methods, possibly using limited-size buckets. I liked the self-watering variety with a water-tank + capilar channels (separated by an air layer to improve indirect root oxygenation); once i made sure my bucket's top soil stayed relatively dry the matter of substrate seemed virtually worry-free. In addition such simple solution allowed me to leave the city for a few days.

One potential drawback could be height in your present case: 1 foot tall for the bucket alone... If a few more inches are reserved to lights then a dwarf plant would obviously require more "training" than can be recommended for auto-flowering varieties. Not to mention the challenge this sounds like! Consequently i'd advise against selection of an "auto" in a context of extreme LST experiments.

...that packs a good punch?

If one considers the prospect of obtaining cannabis of controlled origin, etc., e.g. qualitity, euh... Sometimes i'd trade "packed punches" for more floral appreciation without a thought!

Can't win them all.

Good day, have fun!!

=D