• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Can Weed Really Kill..? The Scientist

On another note, east Germany (before, west too) used to perform autopsies on quite a few people, and I believe Austria at one point used to conduct an autopsy on nearly every citizen. I think their statistics indicated that many of the pre-autopsy causes of death (~50% ) were inaccurate. Would be interesting to see what modern medicine would come up with.
I wonder what was most often misdiagnosed.

I read everything you wrote. That does not necessarily mean I understood everything the first time through. My mind wanders and that is just the way I am. Many other people are the same way and that is why we need to repeat things and reread things.

"Marijuana also raises heart rate by 20-100 percent shortly after smoking; this effect can last up to 3 hours. In one study, it was estimated that marijuana users have a 4.8-fold increase in the risk of heart attack in the first hour after smoking the drug" -NIH

Now, I don't know what study they are referring to or if the study was any good, but this is exactly the kind of statistical information they would use to link marijuana with thousands of deaths.

I have seen the 4x risk increase before, apparently mild exercise has the same risk, that is why I mentioned it. The fact that there was no causal link, that they came to their conclusion via EXCLUSION means it is bullshit propaganda.